Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-01-2016, 07:17 AM   #1

Heater Fan

We pulled the TT (32BHDS) out last week to get ready for our camping trip. We noticed that the heater fan does not shut off. We were out of propane and just filled those and it is still not shutting off. We can't leave the TT out in front of the house too long and we can't work on it at the storage location. So we pulled it out again last night hoping to look at it again. We have been trying to research the causes (reading different forums on this). We can make do without the heater if need be but it is on the same circuit/fuse as the refrigerator. So I have two questions:

1) how do we tell if it is the thermostat versus the on board circuit at the heater? If it the circuit at the heater we will take it in to the shop when we get back, but if it is the thermostat we want to change that out (been wanting to change over to a digital one for a long time- so it gives us an excuse for that mod). Be we are short on time since we plan on leaving in the morning.

2) More important right now, is there a temp fix we can do so that we can have the fridge running but not the heater?
harleygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 07:24 AM   #2
Site Team

Just the fan or the furnace? If turning the thermostat to off does not work, remove the connection on the back for the small white wire.

There is also a switch somewhere on the furnace itself that may allow you to turn it off.

The fridge input power could be fed from an extension cord on another breaker temporarily.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 09:21 AM   #3

The heater only came on when my husband messed with some of the wires down by the heater. But then it didn't shut off when we changed the temperature on the t-stat it didn't shut off. When we pulled the fuse they both shut off, but plug the fuse back in the heater fan goes back on but no heater itself. We can turn the heater off on the t-stat, but the fan itself only has options for auto/on and high/low.

I will check the white wire when I get home this afternoon and look for a switch on the heater itself. They make the heaters sometimes so hard to get to.
harleygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 05:50 PM   #4

Currently experiencing the same problem on our 264BHW. It is not quite a year old so it should be a warranty repair. I talked to our dealer and they said that it was most likely the relay or computer board on the furnace. I will be taking it to them this week. A little concerning that this happened after less than 1 year.
longhorn10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 08:59 PM   #5

Heater Fan issue on new 264BHW

I'm seeing the same. We just purchased and it has been sitting in the drive. It has been chilly, but I was in the TT and the heater fan started going off. I checked all of the switches, thermostat, etc...and we weren't even connected to city power and it keeps going off. I called CampingWorld where we purchased it and talked to someone in sales, then in service and they have no idea. I'm wanting to get it in, but now they are saying they have a 3-4 week wait...and of course we are planning on a trip in 3 weeks. Go figure.
barneyhousehold is offline   Reply With Quote