Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-09-2012, 03:59 PM   #1

Just purchased a new 2012 32 TSBH Jay Flight

Took the wife and daughter on vacation to Myrtle Beach SC wheere i was storing my 29ft Wild Wood. As usual had issues....tires/water heater. Wife became very upset and daughter was not real happy. The next day we went to Camping World and a dealer up the road. Neither place had anything that overly impressed me. Monday, I happened to go across the street to the Jayco dealer. I fell in love with this one, and ran over and got the wife and daughter. It came down to this one or the one with one less bunk, one less slide out but it did have an outdoor kitchen. Since I have four daughters, 3 that are married and also 3 grandchildren I decided to go for the one that slept the most. I traded in the old one and they pulled it over on Tuesday and we moved at the dealership. Then they towed it over to my site where the wife and I spent the rest of the day arranging things. One day gone! Wife had to leave a day early anyways (sat) so the daughter and I decided to stay a couple more days. I have a lot of questions and some are related to my storage situation.
1. I have an electric front jack....because of this and the fact that the campground puts the TT away for me, I had to leave the battery. I know from past experience that its not a good thing to do. Will my battery be dead when I go back in a month or so? What can I do to prevent this?
2. Has anyone ever used Turtle Wax Ice on their TT? I use it on my pickup, but was wondering about TT. Is there something better I can use? The salt air will take its toll on the shine so I plan on waxing at least twice a year at the beginning and end of the season.
3. Outside shower....not impressed. Had them come look at it and was informed that it was as good as it gets. I took the shower head off the indoor shower and placed it on the outdoor shower and wow...it worked great. Went back to the dealer and asked if he could order me a new one, and was informed that they were no longer available. Anyone have an idea of where I might be able to purchase one?
4. What can I put on the tires to keep them in good shape? Also the rims are real nice and I wonder what I can put on those to protect them?
5. TV mounts....I really like the LCD in the living area, and it has a real nice mount. I would like to use that same mount in the front bedroom and the rear bunk house. There were no markings as to where to install the mounts, but the dealer showed me where in the front bedroom, and the bunkhouse has a cable connection and an area for the flat screen. Where can I get the mount they used in the living room?
6. Power awning....how to maintain the power part as well as keep the awning clean?(its pure white!)
I trust owners more than dealers....owners know best...dealers, well I just trust owners more!
The dealer gave us the boots that go in the vents to block the sun...they work great...highly suggest. The TT also came with a ladder, extra big fridge, LCD, trundle beds, couch that folds out to bed with air mattress. I also like using the back bench to dinette as an ottoman. I spoke to several Jayco owners in the campground and all seemed very happy with their TT. Below are some pictures. It is great to be here and I will probably have lots more questions and hopefully some answers as well. Actually my first post was an answer to a roof question.Click image for larger version

Name:	katie iphone pic 009.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	4525Click image for larger version

Name:	katie iphone pic 008.jpg
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	4526Click image for larger version

Name:	katie iphone pic 067.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	4527Click image for larger version

Name:	katie iphone pic 006.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	4528Click image for larger version

Name:	katie iphone pic 002.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	4529Click image for larger version

Name:	katie iphone pic 009.jpg
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	4525Click image for larger version

Name:	katie iphone pic 008.jpg
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	4526Click image for larger version

Name:	katie iphone pic 067.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	4527Click image for larger version

Name:	katie iphone pic 006.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	4528Click image for larger version

Name:	katie iphone pic 002.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	4529
krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:45 PM   #2

Very nice unit! I'm a first time owner so I'll attempt to answer some of your Qs:
1 Look for a fuse to pull on the battery, this will save it.
2 ???
3 ???
4 There are some really nice tire covers you can buy and install for protection. Check amazon or RV direct.
5 ????
6 I'm going to use some lithium grease on alot of exterior moving parts as recommended by dealer.

I'm sure others will give you some good input, I hope this helps!

HAPPY CAMPING!
wkc22fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:50 PM   #3

Welcome to the JOF krackeer! YOur family will have many nice years with your new tt! We keep our tires covered when not in use for more than a few weeks. If it sits more than a month, we will hook up and pull it forward and back again (sometimes go around the corner and back). I'm told this helps. It's been three years and the sidewalls look like new. Congrats on the new tt :O
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:56 PM   #4

the bad part is it is stored 275 miles away. Can't cover the tires since the campground puts the TT into storage. Same reason I was wondering about a good wax! Thanks for the info! Dealer said since it is stored where there is sand and salt I should stay away from lithium since both the sand and salt will stick to it. He suggested a dry lube.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:00 PM   #5

the bad part is it is stored 275 miles away. Can't cover the tires since the campground puts the TT into storage. Same reason I was wondering about a good wax! Dealer said to stay away from lithium since it is stored where there is both sand and salt. he suggested a dry lube. Thanks for the info!
Old 07-10-2012, 07:06 PM   #6

krackeer, sometime last year, a few members were talking about Turtle Wax Ice. I remember the comments were pretty positive about it, positive enough to where I decided to try it myself. Still haven't waxed the RV yet but will be trying Ice the next time I get industrious enough to take on the task.
dg1971 is offline   Reply With Quote