Took the wife and daughter on vacation to Myrtle Beach SC wheere i was storing my 29ft Wild Wood. As usual had issues....tires/water heater. Wife became very upset and daughter was not real happy. The next day we went to Camping World and a dealer up the road. Neither place had anything that overly impressed me. Monday, I happened to go across the street to the Jayco dealer. I fell in love with this one, and ran over and got the wife and daughter. It came down to this one or the one with one less bunk, one less slide out but it did have an outdoor kitchen. Since I have four daughters, 3 that are married and also 3 grandchildren I decided to go for the one that slept the most. I traded in the old one and they pulled it over on Tuesday and we moved at the dealership. Then they towed it over to my site where the wife and I spent the rest of the day arranging things. One day gone! Wife had to leave a day early anyways (sat) so the daughter and I decided to stay a couple more days. I have a lot of questions and some are related to my storage situation.
1. I have an electric front jack....because of this and the fact that the campground puts the TT away for me, I had to leave the battery. I know from past experience that its not a good thing to do. Will my battery be dead when I go back in a month or so? What can I do to prevent this?
2. Has anyone ever used Turtle Wax Ice on their TT? I use it on my pickup, but was wondering about TT. Is there something better I can use? The salt air will take its toll on the shine so I plan on waxing at least twice a year at the beginning and end of the season.
3. Outside shower....not impressed. Had them come look at it and was informed that it was as good as it gets. I took the shower head off the indoor shower and placed it on the outdoor shower and wow...it worked great. Went back to the dealer and asked if he could order me a new one, and was informed that they were no longer available. Anyone have an idea of where I might be able to purchase one?
4. What can I put on the tires to keep them in good shape? Also the rims are real nice and I wonder what I can put on those to protect them?
5. TV mounts....I really like the LCD in the living area, and it has a real nice mount. I would like to use that same mount in the front bedroom and the rear bunk house. There were no markings as to where to install the mounts, but the dealer showed me where in the front bedroom, and the bunkhouse has a cable connection and an area for the flat screen. Where can I get the mount they used in the living room?
6. Power awning....how to maintain the power part as well as keep the awning clean?(its pure white!)
I trust owners more than dealers....owners know best...dealers, well I just trust owners more!
The dealer gave us the boots that go in the vents to block the sun...they work great...highly suggest. The TT also came with a ladder, extra big fridge, LCD, trundle beds, couch that folds out to bed with air mattress. I also like using the back bench to dinette as an ottoman. I spoke to several Jayco owners in the campground and all seemed very happy with their TT. Below are some pictures. It is great to be here and I will probably have lots more questions and hopefully some answers as well. Actually my first post was an answer to a roof question.