Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-19-2017, 01:56 PM   #1

LED Light

This is on the front of the Hummingbird. Does anyone know how to remove this light on this model or a similar model? I believe the light is bad and I would like to try to avoid a dealer trip for something this small.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
paulandkaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 02:05 PM   #2

I would think that there are a couple ears on the sides and it pushes into the hole and expands once past the thickness of the metal, if that makes sense.

Would probably have to use something very small and flat to slide under the bezel flange on each side to push the ears inward and pull the light out. I wouldn't force anything though.

This is a total guess for the light you are referring to, but I have seen similar lights mounted in this manner.

Could always call Jayco engineering and ask them.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ome-41831.html
01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 04:31 PM   #3

Just put some tape over it and call it good lol!
Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:16 PM   #4

I believe those are held in with a rubber grommet on the back side of the light, they simply pull out of the hole. I have those "bullet" style marker lights on my camper. The tricky part is figuring out how to get the wiring connectors out that small hole, will make you believe they wired it from the inside
Old 03-19-2017, 07:18 PM   #5

LED Light

Is that a small LED? If it is, pull it straight out. Either by the bulb itself, or by prying around the rubber grommet. The way it was installed originally was by inserting the grommet, then pushing the bulb in, so it should come out in reverse. The grommet stretches to wrap the edge of the hole in the diamond plate, and the insertion of the bulb locks it in.

BTW, be aware when replacing if it is a single diode light or more (2 or 3). Otherwise, it won't match the others. Turn em on and you'll see the individual LED's. These are available on Amazon cheap. If nothing else, get two so you can switch out the other side (if there is another on the other side)in case you mis-diagnose the LED quantity in the bulb.

kampfirekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:23 AM   #6

LED Light

Look inside your front storage the panel towards the front will come loose with like 5-6 screws then you can get to all your wiring including those lights. But the easier way would be just to pull them out and replace. I'm not sure on the size of the hole. Would have to measure but you could replace them all with these.

20 Clear/Blue LED Side Marker Lights 3/4" Clearance Truck Trailer Pickup Extra Bright https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MXOXJJ6..._0F9ZybEJ7W2ZF

Super easy to wire. Just take the old + & - wire in to the new one solder or crimp terminals
Chickeneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 03:57 AM   #7

These led lights on the front of my 2017 hummingbird where is the switch to turn them on? I've never had them working.

Thanks, Chris
wheels180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 06:38 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels180 View Post
These led lights on the front of my 2017 hummingbird where is the switch to turn them on? I've never had them working.

Thanks, Chris

Look for the little clear switch to the left side of the trailer as your looking at the front of it. Let me see if I can find a picture of it

Old 08-02-2017, 06:43 AM   #9