Congrats on your new Jayco purchase. Waiting for a TT to arrive is as painful as waiting for spring. LOL!!!
While waiting for your new TT to arrive, may I suggest investigating common mods (modifications) and for your unique situation and where needed, start budgeting for them.
For a cool list of mods, surf the many ideas within: http://www.modmyrv.com/
If wondering, the common mods are:
- Roof vents. White over the bathroom and black over the bedroom area.
- Tinted windows in the bedroom area
- Surge Protection. Suggest http://www.progressiveindustries.net/ssp_30.htm
at the Service Post and next time visiting USA (Camping World location), buy the much better inside http://www.progressiveindustries.net/ems_hw30c.htm
device. Thus, getting 2 x Tier Surge Protection. Buy/Install wall outlet Surge Protection devices to create a 3 x Tier system.
- Install clear 12V LEDs or 12V university licence plate light (at Canadian Tire store) on the steps. If wondering, I installed this mod and its "only shine light on the stairs" works great.
- If needed, install whole house water filter under the kitchen cold water sink. The whole house system ( example: http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/watts-bi...FYZaMgody1MARA
) will last for years and years. This DIY upgrade can be done using low cost PEX Piping / Clamp method.
- If needed, install 35 Watt automotive fog lights under the rear bumper (outer edges) and connect to 12V manual off/on switch with in-line fuse. When you want to backup in a tight spot in the dark, simply flip the light on. Much better lighting - compared to a spotter holding a weak flashlight.
- Perhaps another shelf or towel holder in the bathroom?
Also… Look at your new TT's Hot Water tank area. If installed in a storage compartment and this compartment allows space for other storage items, do consider installing a protection screen around the HW tank. Thus, stopping the other stuff from hitting (sliding against) your HW tank during panic stops. This wire mesh can be galvanized wire mesh that many folks use for Rabbit cages. And, this wire is found at most local hardware stores as well. If wondering, I installed a wire cage upgrade around my TT's HW tank (being 4" away from the tank). Easy DIY install - to improve its proactive safety.
Lots of little thanks that can bring more safety improvement and enjoyment to your TT.
Hope this helps as well…