Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-21-2015, 05:39 PM   #11
Lost in the Woods
I had to buy heavier spring bars and readjust the weight distribution hitch so it puts more weight on the front of the TV. It pulls fine. I would have never known the tongue weight was that heavy had I not taken it to a CAT scale. I had a 30' Springdale before and the tongue weight seemed similar, but it ain't! Like 1000' lbs difference. My point is everyone should make a trip to a CAT scale just to see.

wwsmith111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 06:22 AM   #12
Originally Posted by Ustabslim View Post
If they change that then they would have to go to 4 slides so they could split the back side and leave a space for the counter. That means lots more weight...which means...fiver

Not what I'm talking about, there are many TT's on the market today with much more kitchen counter space. Below is a pic from a 361REQS as an example, they are making now and could adapt to the 338 with little effort. (Just the counter not necessarily the cabinets.)

Thank you for the answer to the axle question.
Would somebody please put a tape on say the front hub and run it up to the hitch and let me know. it would be greatly appreciated. I'd run by a dealer but right now there isn't a 338 within a 100 miles of here.

Thank You

DKRITTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 07:46 AM   #13
We are still waiting on a look at the 2016’s before making a final decision but I had a thought and wanted to get some opinions on this if I could?

On our old 338RLTS I had two rubs I didn’t care for one was the front jack being too short. The way Jayco builds the front A-frame causes it to be about 6 inches higher than almost all other trailers but the still put a regular 18” electric jack on it, several times we had to put a pretty good stack of the yellow lego blocks under the jack to get the trailer level. One thought is to not order the electric upgrade and purchase an aftermarket 24” jack for a little more than the optional 18” jack. The question is, has anyone replaced the 18” jack for a 24” jack?

The second were the stabilizers (or lack thereof) we had the electric stabilizers and they worked fine but; we noticed a pretty good bounce in the trailer when we walked around that I’d like to get rid of. My idea is to add an additional set of manual stabilizers mid-ship and if I do that it may seem more practical with going with manuals all the way around. Those with manual stabilizers do you find it easy to run them up and down with a drill/driver and has anyone added another set of stabilizers to their trailer?
DKRITTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 08:40 AM   #14
See this.
And this.

Ustabslim is offline   Reply With Quote