Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-16-2012, 06:04 AM   #11

Problem could be from many issues. Don't discount the smells that can come from the grey water tank as well. It needs chemicals as well. Without debating what kind of chemicals, some people use pinesol to treat their greywater tank.. But the issue could be a blocked vent system or faulty vent valve found under the sinks..

TX_Arvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:26 AM   #12
Had the same problem with my 31 RKS the first few times I used it. I used the water softner and laundry detergent combination and its been fine since.

Soon to be Retired
2010 Jayco 31RKS G2
2011 Silverado Ext. Cab, 6.6 Turbo Diesel, Integrated Brake, 3.73
Reese Dual Cam hitch
KFay1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:45 AM   #13
x2 on the exhaust fan comment, make sure you turn the fan off for just a bit before/while flushing and it should help a bunch. I have a northern breeze exhuast fan in mine and it will suck the fumes out of my neighbors camper I think...:hihi:
2008 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3/ 3.73 Tekonsha Primus brake controller
2011 JayFeather Select 29L
Husky Centerline WDH
w/ active anti-sway
JAMMFAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #14
I had to repair the leaking fitting on my black water flush system and also noticed were the discharge drain outlet on tank was not at the bottom side of holding tank like you would think which allows some fliuds to still remain in tank(poor design).I had good luck also installing the "cyclone" rv vent on vent pipes thru roof and have had good luck with them..Some Walmarts sell them or online
novaplum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:50 PM   #15
Are you sure you want to find a cure ???

Go buy your self a clear plastic outlet that hooks up to your trailers dump outlet, and your sewer hose to it. (elbow or straight) Also at that same time buy a tank inserted cleaning wan that you hook up with a hose and has a shut off valve on it's handle. With a anti-back flow valve at hook up. Have some one open the water hose valve to your wan full blast out side. Leave the trailers valve closed and insert the wan into the tank paying close attention to spraying as close to the bottom as possible to began with, letting the water beat against the bottom and its parts. As the water starts to fill leave the wan near bottom to create a swirling motion in the tanks water. Run the water until you believe the tanks is 1/2 full or a little more. Shut your water off and have some one pull the release valve on the trailer and watch the color of the water as it exists threw the clear plastic. It going to have a brown color. Now if you would give it some though,,, clean tanks have no odor.

Second go around, if the chunks are still flowing ,repeat the above several times until none. NOW, as you have used the tank in your past adventures, the brown water has built a scum line up the sides of your tank, of guess what. So if you have dumped, and in you next voyages the water has not raised to this previous level. That scum line is still there. Now is the time to attack that line , use a up and down motion with that wan to clean the sides of that tank. Until the water flows clean there at your newel bought clear site gage.

Repeat brand new, OR ,,clean tanks just do stink, Poo does stink,,,, there for,,, odor = poo some where in the tank. Repeat to your self,, poo equals stink. poo=stink, poo=,,,,,.
neverenoftackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:36 AM   #16
We also keep the plugs in all the sink and tub drains to help prevent any odor from coming up that way.
bayleightucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:06 AM   #17
I had that problem as well with our new TT. I solved it by after dumping, add dawn liquid detergent to two gallons of water and poor down toilet, drive home with with mixture washing inside if black tank, drain when I get home, then add chemical. Works for us real well.

2010 F150 Supercrew 4x4
2012 Jayflight 22FB
wkc22fb is offline   Reply With Quote