Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-23-2014, 10:12 AM   #1

Should I Buy 2005 Jayco Jay Flight Baja 23?

I am looking at a Jay Flight Baja 23, the one with the outdoor kitchen in the rear, spotlights on top, folding bed, etc. It looks to be in good condition and I had a PDI done that showed few fixes needed and all were done.

My question is has anyone had experience with this TT and am I crazy to buy an older unit instead of a brand spanking new Jayco White Hawk for $10,000 more than I had budgeted for? We are new to TT coming from a tent camping world. Pulling with 2002 Chev Avalanche 1500 4x4 w/tow package.

Thanks for for thoughts on this. We either close the deal this week or move on.
Tom
brewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:51 PM   #2

When we first got into camping with a TT we purcheased 1 11 year old TT. We did not want to spend a lot of money incase we did not enjoy camping and wanted to minimize our loss. Plus we had no payments to make.
As it turns out we only had that TT for 4 months, we loved camping so much we bought a larger TT. Good thing was our initial purchase price was low enough that we did not lose any money when we resold the 1st TT only 4 months later.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote