Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-10-2017, 11:22 PM   #1

Since Jayco is now part of Thor ...

Since Jayco is now part of Thor guys ... do you feel, experienced, or whatever else you may have noticed , a change in the way Jayco treat you ?

For me ? Its the same , I've always received excellent service from my dealer and Jayco respected their warranty and so before and after Thor took over.

Whats your experience ?

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 11:51 PM   #2

Previous to Thor buying them I got excellent support and service to any questions I had regarding my trailer. However, that is no longer the case. I've contacted them several times since last summer and every reply I get (regardless of the product/item in question) is "you have to talk to the dealer or the manufacturer, we can't help you". Mind you some of the information I need is model number information for items that had no owners manual in the packet given to me.

It is clear they no longer wish to strive for excellence and simply want to close the support ticket as quick as possible.

Just my opinion - if they won't help with basic assistance it speaks volumes.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 12:52 AM   #3

We have noticed no difference in how we were treated. Very good from the start to last month when we had an issue with the couch and were sent a replacement no questions asked. Jayco has been nothing but helpful with any issues we have had. True we only had two issues the radio and the couch but both were replaced immediately, without any problems, I would have no issue purchasing another Jayco product.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:00 AM   #4

No difference what so ever as I have only dealt with my local dealer anyway. Had one issue lately and it was taken care of under warranty with no problem. Also needed a replacement cabinet door which the dealer ordered for me and it came within a couple weeks. Pretty good service I would say.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:12 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Previous to Thor buying them I got excellent support and service to any questions I had regarding my trailer. However, that is no longer the case. I've contacted them several times since last summer and every reply I get (regardless of the product/item in question) is "you have to talk to the dealer or the manufacturer, we can't help you". Mind you some of the information I need is model number information for items that had no owners manual in the packet given to me.

It is clear they no longer wish to strive for excellence and simply want to close the support ticket as quick as possible.

Just my opinion - if they won't help with basic assistance it speaks volumes.
During a model run, they may change appliance brands before the model year is done. It makes sense to contact the specific appliance supplier for specific information, or to go through the dealer if full replacement is needed. Granted that it's a bit of a pain, but I'm not in the least surprised that they would tell you that. I don't see it as a knock on Jayco... they didn't make the appliance, they only installed it. For issues with the unit itself, I've never read anything but good reports about Jayco.

2016 F-150 XLT 4x4 Super Crew 3.5L Ecoboost
2017 Jay Feather X213
RPreeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:55 AM   #6

Didn't know Jayco was part of Thor, that explains a lot. Nothing like being sucked up into a big impersonal corporation to sour things!
kneeslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:04 AM   #7

No difference here, Dealt with them before and after, I have only dealt with Jayco directly. So far the same excellent customer service.
Attached Thumbnails
36UN at CS.jpg  
nma33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:10 AM   #8

We bought one of the last non-Thor Jayco's on our lot, so I can't speak to quality issues, before vs. after. Overall we were very happy with the entire experience. And since we went through Camping World, that was an unexpected surprise.

I have contacted Jayco a half dozen times in the last 6 months, spanning their transition to Thor and have noticed no differences at all.

My company also recently went through a change of ownership. For the 'worker bees' there has been absolutely zero difference in our business model, operations, support, anything... Thor bought Jayco because they wanted to kill the competition and make their share holders more money. I am not seeing Jayco(Thor) change the Jayco business model much as that would defeat the whole purpose of acquiring their brand. Could be wrong of course, just my gut feel to date.

This wasn't the type of acquisition where company a swallows company b just to get rid of it. I think they will let jayco do what they've always done other than some minor 'chain of command' changes and reorg.

There may be some improvements to the consumer as well. Jayco can now use Thors supply chain, R&D, and 'borrow' innovation from other Thor lines (To include Airstream, which they also own)
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:13 AM   #9

He sums it up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
We have noticed no difference in how we were treated. Very good from the start to last month when we had an issue with the .... and were sent a replacement no questions asked. Jayco has been nothing but helpful with any issues we have had. ...snip... without any problems, I would have no issue purchasing another Jayco product.
Exactly our experience and our thoughts.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:37 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneeslider View Post
Didn't know Jayco was part of Thor, that explains a lot. Nothing like being sucked up into a big impersonal corporation to sour things!

Yup you are out of touch since the acquisition was announced last July 1.

Your 2nd sentence makes one wonder if you have some personal information or experience about that.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:51 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPreeb View Post
During a model run, they may change appliance brands before the model year is done. It makes sense to contact the specific appliance supplier for specific information, or to go through the dealer if full replacement is needed. Granted that it's a bit of a pain, but I'm not in the least surprised that they would tell you that. I don't see it as a knock on Jayco... they didn't make the appliance, they only installed it. For issues with the unit itself, I've never read anything but good reports about Jayco.
I can appreciate that, however if I'm not able to identify the model number of an item in question I'm not able to have an intelligent conversation with the manufacturer. Since they are the manufacturer and have a list (which I never received at PDI) of the components installed it makes sense they help me especially when I'm still under warranty. If I contact the dealer they are telling me to contact Jayco.

I'm in a vicious loop - I do like the product and in the beginning received top notch assistance from them - it has declined sorry to say.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 03:06 PM   #12

We didn't know there'd been a take-over, either. We take ours to our dealer, about 80 miles away - she's there now for some warranty work - and have not noticed any change in the dealer's attitude.
Jim-n-Ash is offline   Reply With Quote