Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-06-2023, 08:42 PM   #1

Which TPMS do you recommend for a travel trailer ?

What's the tire pressure monitoring system that YOU recommend ?

Rolled back into the driveway after our latest trip, only to find mister NAIL in wheel #4, hissing like crazy. Lucky, I guess.

my 28BHS 33-ft TT, TV: 2022 F-250, I'd love a simple screen, installation, and, of course, accuracy and dependability !
saunterr44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 08:46 PM   #2

EZ Tire, flawless for the past 6 years.

Route 66 Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 09:49 PM   #3

I use the TST brand it has been great as well for 6 or 7 years
barryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 05:23 AM   #4
Site Team

Most will recommend what works for them There are many that do the job well.
I use the TST system RV507.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 07:46 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by saunterr44 View Post

Rolled back into the driveway after our latest trip, only to find mister NAIL in wheel #4, hissing like crazy. Lucky, I guess.
You are indeed lucky!

Lots of them out there, the big names work. Get one and use it. Mine may have saved our lives a few years back. Few people can give you any kind of comparative recommendation, they can only tell you about the one they use.

Having said that, lots of people use TST. I settled on Tire Minder and have been very happy with it, been using it since 2016. I found that a signal repeater is helpful - it can be a long distance from your tires to the cab of your tow vehicle.

Roger

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 09:57 AM   #6

OP if I can ask a related question on your thread, anyone using a TPMS that doesn’t have a screen but uses an app on your phone? I am not a fan of having additional gadgets laying around in my truck dash, seat, etc.
Jerry713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 04:52 PM   #7

I have the Tireminder i10rv. Works well for me.
Old 07-07-2023, 05:05 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry713 View Post
OP if I can ask a related question on your thread, anyone using a TPMS that doesn’t have a screen but uses an app on your phone? I am not a fan of having additional gadgets laying around in my truck dash, seat, etc.
I'm just the opposite. I think it's important enough to have it's own gadget. My phone may be busy doing something else.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 07:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
I'm just the opposite. I think it's important enough to have it's own gadget. My phone may be busy doing something else.
Agreed. My TM monitor is actually pretty small.

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 07:58 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry713 View Post
I am not going to be fiddling with my phone when towing. My display is right in front of me, easy to see all of the tires PSI & temps. The alarm is loud and will alert me without having to look at the display. To each their own…

Route 66 Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2023, 06:22 AM   #11

Which TPMS do you recommend for a travel trailer ?

Tireminder is another popular one I’ve seen a lot, which I don’t recall being mentioned above (edit: upon a re-read, it is mentioned)

I personally have used a TST 507 for years (with an F250 + 32ft travel trailer, to a gas Class A pulling my Jeep, to our current Accolade pulling the Jeep and very infrequently a trailer instead, as well as my Jeep pulling the same trailer). We went without the repeater until recently because the Jeep and one rear dually was occasionally dropping out and coming back, especially as the sensor batteries were approaching the end of their useful lives. I added the repeater under the bed (where the electrical panel is in the Accolade) and no problems since. The color screen is so much nicer than the older one and since it’s fairly small, doesn’t crowd the dash or block views.

I think this is roughly equivalent to the battery power tool question (e.g., Dewalt, Makita, Milwaukee, etc). Usually once you buy into a system, you tend not to switch it, but they all do a pretty decent job for all except niche cases.
Old 07-08-2023, 08:44 AM   #12

Tire Minder for the last 5 year, completely trouble free. Both my neighbors have the internal tire pressure sensors and both have had issues getting a signal from at least one tire. For travel trailers I’m not a fan of internal sensors.
Old 07-12-2023, 12:57 PM   #13

Tpms

I am running the only direct comparison I know of.
TST vs TireReaker
Data and results so far are posted to my blog
RV Tire Safety Net

Both working fine after almost 6 years with no difference in results.

Traker offers lifetime warranty
TST has more dealers if you need support
Old 07-12-2023, 12:57 PM   #14
VKC

Truck System Technologies(TST) 507 works really well for me. I need 4 more sensors for my dinghy but they never put them on sale. Get a kit with all the sensors you’ll need.
VKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 12:57 PM   #15

TPS Brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by saunterr44 View Post

my 28BHS 33-ft TT, TV: 2022 F-250, I'd love a simple screen, installation, and, of course, accuracy and dependability !
I have been using TireMinder pressure monitoring systems for many years. Every few years I get their latest version since they keep improving on them. They are not cheap, but they are reliable and give me peace of mind knowing I will get alerted if a pressure problem occurs. The one I have now shows the pressures and temps live on all 6 of my RV tires and all 4 of my toad tires. Monitoring the toad is also important since you may not even be aware of a tire problem on the toad from you RV's driver's seat.
hikerjohn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 01:03 PM   #16

Another vote here for the TST507. I have used it for years and recently the receiver fell off my dashboard and went blank. I emailed their customer service center on a Sunday at 5:30 pm with my phone number and got an almost instant callback from a representative.

He spent a few minutes asking some questions. I knew there wasn't much that could be done but the rep emailed me a link for a discounted replacement from one of their preferred vendors

Support like that is worth everything to me. I highly recommend the TST line of products.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 01:52 PM   #17

Tire Monitor kit

Hello saunterr44,

I have used the Tireminder TPM system since owning our new trailer in 2020. Mine has 2 axles, so 4 tires. It was easy to setup, came with all the hardware and after programming each tire transmitter, it was simple to read on the app on my iPhone. I highly recommend you use the secondary transmitter. I mounted mine just behind my battery box and use alligator clips to quickly attach and detach the transmitter power leads to my dual batteries when its in storage.

Currently on sale today on Amazon if youre a prime member. Good luck to you.....definitely a great peace of mind knowing how your tires are performing when rolling down the road! WORTH the price IMO.

Todd
Dublin, OhioClick image for larger version

Name:	TPMS.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	89127
FILMTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 04:38 PM   #18

One thing that no one ever mentions is make sure you have all metal valve stems. And not just the ones that are metal shaft with the rubber grommet where it connects to the rim.

On two separate occasions I had the rubber valve stems deteriorate and actually leak because of the weight of the screw on sensor.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 04:54 PM   #19
VKC

Great point. Flow through sensors require metal but I would agree and use all metal valve stems on any sensor due to the added weight at the very end of the stems.
VKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 06:27 PM   #20

So, I want to purchase a set of TPMS. I haven't seen anyone list the ones for the JayCommand system, the ones from BMPRO. They are integrated with the JayCommand system.

2020 330RSTS

Thanks

Mike
nascarmikeb is offline   Reply With Quote