Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-30-2016, 12:02 PM   #11
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
A repair in a vinyl floor is a no brainer. In most cases you will never see the repair, even knowing where it's at. It is sealed with seam sealer and almost "melts" the vinyl back into one piece. I don't think this is the hill to die on. I would make sure you locate what screw (shouldn't be difficult as the slide comes in, in a straight line) is causing the issue and replace it. FYI the repair will be only slightly larger than the damaged area.
Good to hear! My heart sank this past weekend when I ran the slide out and found the huge gash in the floor from a screw that was not fully recessed in the slide (it is now). And I couldn't imagine how they were going to fix it! I knew they couldn't replace the entire floor without tearing the trailer apart. Fortunately it's usually covered by the Wife's recliner but it still killed me to think we had a brand new trailer that was already tore up and it wasn't my fault. If I do something stupid and tear the floor that's on me and I can deal with it.

Charles King
Kennesaw, GA
My 28RLS Mods and Observations

TT 2016 Jayco 28RLS
TV 2010 Chevy 2500HD 4x4/Z71 aka The Beast
Loosenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 02:22 PM   #12
If done right you will be hard pressed to ever find the repair. I have had this done on my last one and you could not find the repair. What we do now is sweep the floor before we bring in the slides. Pea gravel is popular and present in campgrounds and it comes in on shoes.

No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar. Abraham Lincoln

2016 36FBTS Pinnacle
2016 F350, 6.7, 4x4, DRW, long bed
B & W Companion 5th wheel Hitch
eldermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:01 PM   #13
I talked to the guys in the dealership today.One of the guys i know in there said you would be hard pushed to see the repair too. Still not convinced yet but they can give it a go.
He says it happens all the time too because their yard is crushed stone. Im always wary when i look around trailers that my feet are clean but there is always lots of little stones in the trailers. You would think they would be more careful.
attached a couple of pics.
Attached Thumbnails
20160828_184617.jpg   20160828_132843.jpg  
2017 Eagle 324 BHTS pulled by 2014 Ram 3500 CC CTD Laramie. Air bags.
Higgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:10 PM   #14
We had a tear in the floor of our 28BHBE from the slide being out of adjustment. In our case, they didn't patch it.

They cut the entire floor out up against the cabinet bases, door frames etc. Then they used the piece to cut a new one, replaced it and added quarter round around the perimeter.

I was concerned when they told me this, until I saw it. It actually looked better than when it was new, the quarter round actually creates a finished look. We are very happy with it.

wallacemf is offline   Reply With Quote