If you have the manual for the popup the info below is in it, if not here is the link for it
CARE OF BODY COMPONENTS
The trim on the lower edge of the roof is sealed internally and also has an outer cap seal. If the cap seal becomes loose, separates, or cracks, it must be resealed as indicated on Step #2.
Two areas on your roof require maintenance to be performed to meet warranty coverage on the folding camping trailer roof.
1. Any corner or center flat trim has putty sealer tape between the metal and the trim. This sealant must be examined and maintained yearly to avoid dry out and cracking. In addition, the roof center flat trim is cap sealed on each end at the front and back. The cap seal should be inspected for cracks, voids, peeling or loose seal two times each year and resealed as necessary.
It is important to examine all seams and repair them to prevent water leakage. If you are uncertain about the process to follow, contact your Jayco dealer for assistance.
To replace the putty tape under the flat metal center trim:
• Purchase a putty tape as recommended by your dealer.
• Remove the vinyl insert from the top of the center trim.
• Remove the screws from the trim and pull the trim from the top of the roof.
• Clean the excess putty tape from the bottom of the trim and roof.
• After removing the paper backing, apply the putty tape to the bottom of the trim. • Place the trim over the seam on the roof and reinstall the screws.
• Apply a silicone sealant over the screw heads.
• Once the silicone dries, install the vinyl insert into the top of the trim.
To cap seal:
• Purchase a sealant as recommended by your dealer.
• Remove any excess, cracked, peeling or lifting sealant from around the trim.
• Clean the surface before resealing.
• Apply a bead of sealant along each side of the trim with a caulking gun.
• Using a soapy solution on your index finger, smooth out the sealant along each