Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-26-2021, 07:08 PM   #1

2008 Jayco Seneca HD fs Electrical Issue

I am having a serious electrical issue. I have my RV hooked up to shore power. Full tank of propane. Generator works. Batteries are fully charged. Problem is I have no power to the water heater, hvac system, and lights. The electrical outlets in the bedroom and bathroom seem to be working. Fridge works but has no lights on and the control panel isnt lit up. The main control panel has no power to it as well as the thermostats. I checked and reset all the breakers including the outside breaker panel where the RV connects into the shore power. I reset all the GCIF outlets. Checked all the fuses. I get no power even when the generator is on. For the last few days everytime the heater would kick on all the lights would flicker on and off and the fans were really slow to startup. The carbon monoxide detector would also beep once before the heater kicked on. Last night everything just sort of shutdown. I need help. Its extremely cold in here. I live full time in this RV.
Dakotathegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 07:14 PM   #2

I would check all your 12 volt connections as it could be a bad ground.
Old 03-09-2021, 11:06 PM   #3

So I have been doing rigorous testing. I tested the converter input which is getting 120vac. The outputs are reading at 13.4vdc. All converter fuses are intact and read well on the multimeter. I checked all fuses on the fuse panel and they all have a good reading as well. I tested the automatic transfer switch with both the shore power and generator and get 120vac on all legs. I have 2- 6v flooded batteries that are each running at 6.3vdc and 12.6 together. They havent died or anything. I checked all accessible connections such as the ground wires and wires to the breaker box. Everything is secure. All the outlets in the rv tested between 118 and 120vac. The only thing I noticed is the inverter has no power going out. The outlet its plugged into reads 120vac. The AC input light is on but the 'inverter on', "low battery' and 'fault' lights are off. Would that be my problem? I have a sinewave rs400 inverter by xantrex. Still have no lights, no water heater and no hvac system. My fridge and freezer have warmed up to the point they are no longer usable. So I am storing my food at a neighbors house.
Old 03-10-2021, 07:01 AM   #4

The lights and the control circuits for the water heater and fridge are all 12 volt. DId you accidentally hit the battery disconnect swtich? Also the disconnect relay could have gone bad.

The inverter has nothing to do with the loss of the 12 volt side.
Old 03-10-2021, 08:29 AM   #5

So after doing some further digging I couldnt find the actual battery disconnect switch. But while observing the wires in the battery compartment I noticed a black and yellow wire that were disconnected. I found that they are suppose to be connected with an inline fuse but the wires are severed. I believe they are connected to the battery disconnect solenoid or the part right next to it. Would that be it? I will be replacing the inline fuses and reconnecting them today.
Attached Thumbnails
20210310_062111.jpg  
Old 03-10-2021, 09:17 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotathegreat View Post
So after doing some further digging I couldnt find the actual battery disconnect switch. But while observing the wires in the battery compartment I noticed a black and yellow wire that were disconnected. I found that they are suppose to be connected with an inline fuse but the wires are severed. I believe they are connected to the battery disconnect solenoid or the part right next to it. Would that be it? I will be replacing the inline fuses and reconnecting them today.
The battery disconnect switch is right by the door at floor level and I'm guessing in the sink cabinet or if a 35 GS in that little stand to the left of the door next to the sofa. Not sure what the wires are..