Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-08-2017, 11:42 AM   #1

Dealer Refusal To Do Approved Warranty

My final warranty list pretty much non stop warranty repairs for 24 months on 16 Eagle 321 RSTS.Bear with me two bad axles ruined two tires,front awning strut bowed out,toilet bowl seal will not hold water,bottom roller marks kitchen slide,De-lamination material surrounding front pin, replacing side by side recliners. Plastic bushing shot on 3000 suspension. Little Dealer Little Prices Phoenix Arizona sent me an email when do you want new recliners installed? I emailed back what about the rest of the list? Silence!This is the same dealer who only submitted partial repairs lists to Jayco in the past.There must be some local state or Federal official to report this kind of behavior too? June 2017 Jayco replaced my entire Dicor roof, that is how its gone for two years!Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Cactus 011.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:52 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
My final warranty list pretty much non stop warranty repairs for 24 months on 16 Eagle 321 RSTS.Bear with me two bad axles ruined two tires,front awning strut bowed out,toilet bowl seal will not hold water,bottom roller marks kitchen slide,De-lamination material surrounding front pin, replacing side by side recliners. Plastic bushing shot on 3000 suspension. Little Dealer Little Prices Phoenix Arizona sent me an email when do you want new recliners installed? I emailed back what about the rest of the list? Silence!This is the same dealer who only submitted partial repairs lists to Jayco in the past.There must be some local state or Federal official to report this kind of behavior too? June 2017 Jayco replaced my entire Dicor roof, that is how its gone for two years!Thanks
Try World Wide RV in Mesa next time. I have never had anything denied (while I was under warranty). Little Dealer screwed around with me when I was buying - said they had the model on the lot and when I got there they didn't have anything even close. Over the years World Wide has taken a while to get back to me, but they have never screwed up that I can remember. Oh, and World Wide replaced my entire roof a few weeks after I bought it (bought it from Richardson's RV in California - AZ dealers are ridiculous in their price IMO) - a couple of rafters were broken and poking up on the roof.

2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32 BHDS
2015 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7L Powerstroke 4x4
nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 11:59 AM   #3
Site Team

Did you give the list to JAYCO or just to the dealer. It is best to originally take your "To-Do" List and email a copy of the list to JAYCO first (service@jayco.com) along with a brief letter along with a letter. This will "OFFICIALLY", notify JAYCO of your issues and they will let you know what is or is not covered. Then take your list to the dealer and tell them that you have sent the list to JAYCO so that it is on record. They have not way out after that. This way you contact JAYCO with any items that were not correctly repaired, replaced or just not worked on.

Don

Send them an email with the list, what has and has not been completed and the lack or response from the dealer regarding the other items. Your list will also be on record prior to the end of your warranty. Also send your VIN with the list/memo.

My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 12:56 PM   #4

RV Dealers are under no requirement to do any warranty work.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 03:29 PM   #5

I agree with Mustang, contact Jayco directly. Its likely your dealer just doesn't want to deal with the hassle at warranty repair rates and would rather discourage you and get you to pay market rate for repairs... substantially more than Jayco will pay them.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 03:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
Don't forget your state Attorney General. Most, if not all, have consumer protection offices that allow consumers to report issues like this. As an example, Florida has a very strong consumer protection office and even allows a consumer to submit a complaint/issue form over the internet.
Kar Kaddy SS
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 04:55 PM   #7
DAD

I know there are 2 Little Dealer Little price in phoenix. to be fair to the other dealer, I had my unit at the W Deer Valley location. Made the appointment one month out. My contact that I was given no longer worked there when I arrived. New service writer, his first day. Called a couple times. after a month had passed I called, and my contact no longer worked there. No one knew anything, but said they would find out, I said forget it, I will be there the next day to pick it up. When I got there they said they checked the nine items and could find nothing wrong with 8 of the items, and had initiated a claim with Jayco on the ninth. Upon contacting Jayco customer service I was told nothing was submitted by Little Dealer. I wish I knew how to post the WO from Little Dealer they looked at nothing, they did nothing and outright lied about it. Period. I was told this is not the first complaint about not submitting claims. Customer service said they would see to it being properly repaired at dealer of my choice. I chose Jayco factory service. It is 7 months out of warranty and they have it as I speak. I am picking it up Monday. I will let you all know how it ended up.
DAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 05:53 PM   #8

Dealer refuses warrany repairs.

Thanks everyone for your feedback,lots of good ideas! Lippert I think by mistake sent me there flat rate chart for dealers all 8 pages.Since they pretty much supply everything for these campers.Now I understand how dealers pick and choose what they want to repair!Some items much more profitable than others.If anyone is interested can scan and post!Thanks Again
Attached Thumbnails
100_0357.1584.jpg  
Old 11-09-2017, 05:57 PM   #9

Exactly what they did to me. I have posted comments like yours on face book. That get there attention, for awhile!If I even lived 500 miles from the factory thats were Id be. 2000 miles pretty much out of the question. Thanks
Old 11-09-2017, 07:51 PM   #10

Did the original poster ever mention if the dealer he is dealing with is the dealer he purchased the unit from?
2015 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab, Traded in
Bluegill1
bluegill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 08:29 PM   #11

When I bought our 33RLDS and had to get things fixed I never had any trouble with Worldwide. They did everything that had to be fixed without any problems.
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote