Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-09-2018, 07:25 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by billjmck View Post
I commend you for a polite reply to a snarky comment. Your situation in life is no one
else's business anyway.
Thanks.
JaycoinMissouri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 07:26 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprapim View Post
Agreed !!
Thanks.
JaycoinMissouri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 10:47 AM   #23

Awesome storage area! If it was me, I would consider installing both an internal and external dump station, just outside the wall from each other. The outside station, could be setup down the road with a wash sink for general cleanup, or to add the machine shed for the 5vr in the future.

I know several people that have lived in their “Garage” or “Hanger” as the house was being built. Most try to get the bathroom built right away, and use it verses using the one in the RV.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 04:32 PM   #24

There is a guy here at KJXI that keeps his MH in his hanger. MH has its own bay & door along with full hookups. I say put 2hook ups, one inside & an outside for friends to visit. I say a fly-in needs planning
You probably know, for safety make sure you build a firewall ( doubled 5/8 Sheetrock each side) between the living quarters & hanger. I have a friend that thankfully had the firewall and saved him & family one night.
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 04:58 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaycoinMissouri View Post
Hmmm...well, I'm not sure which way you are going with this, I wouldn't put us in the "ultra wealthy" category. We are frugal in most areas so we can enjoy camping and flying. :-)
As are most of us that enjoy this lifestyle.

This sounds like a great project. I hope you will keep us up to date on your progress. Post some pictures as you go.

Good luck and hangar in there
2naEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 01:39 PM   #26

Connections

I would do exterior and interior so that the wall was between the two hook ups. The cost is. Marginal since you are already at the wall. You get the best off both worlds the beatity of the outside and convieiness of the inside. You know have connections for guest when they arrive. And since someone mentioned inside shower, the pluming would be the first compenets in the ground with the bathroom laid all out; drains, waterlines and vents. So finishing it could be done quick.
JKnox8688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 02:11 PM   #27

Strictly from a woman’s point of view, I love looking out the window when doing dishes, or eating at dr table. What you would see in the hangar would be boring. Great idea but needs some tweeking😀Bobbie
Dancingqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 04:52 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaycoinMissouri View Post
What are your thoughts on putting full hookups inside an airplane hangar on our property? The hangar would be a metal building with concrete floor, large hangar bifold door, some smaller doors on opposite wall from the hangar door. We are building a hangar home (hangar with living quarters) and want to live in our 5th wheel while the residential portion is being finished out.

Our other option is to put the full hookups on the exterior of the hangar, under a carport roof, open on three sides (with a hangar wall on the fourth side).

Location will be in East Texas (Van Zandt County).

Thank you in advance for your feedback.
Be aware of possible toxic fumes (vent with auto regulated fans) if 5th wheel is located in interior of a building. If freezing conditions are possible in that part of Texas design and install water service with that possibility in mind. Not much added expense to have hookups at both interior and exterior locations. In case a friend drops by to go flying with you … :>)
johnrealty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 02:01 PM   #29

We do exactly that, as do a number of our neighbors. Our home is at an airpark located on the top of a small mountain in Arkansas. Our hangar is build on a slope with a residential apartment below the actual hangar. Morton building, 50x60. We previously stored our fifth wheel there and now our motor home. Added bonus is that it is spare bedroom when the family visits.
RVJayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:42 PM   #30

My hangar door is only 10 feet, so I can't get my rig in there, wish I could. I would make sure that no metal is exposed on the inside of the roof, so that no condensation might drip down. Your on an air park, which is much more secure than a public airport, where hangar's are notoriously insecure and easy to break in. I would enjoy hearing what aircraft you own. I'm about to sell, my flying days are over. I would Y all the hookup's inside one wall then to the outside.
t18skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 06:40 AM   #31

Jaycoin, we kept our previous Bus in a 10,000 sq. ft. hangar in Apalachicola, Fl. with no worries. We only used the heat pumps on the roof for keeping the Bus heated or the roof AC’s in the warmer weather. It was never a problem and kept our coach nice and clean. Go for it. Jimmyd
Jimmyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 12:03 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd99336 View Post
The biggest downside to being inside of the hangar is the lack of natural light.
Beat me to it.
harryjr is offline   Reply With Quote