Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

View Poll Results: Initial quality poll as delivered.
Quality level 1 (Terrible) 24 3.70%
Quality level 2 20 3.09%
Quality level 3 31 4.78%
Quality level 4 33 5.09%
Quality level 5 66 10.19%
Quality level 6 30 4.63%
Quality level 7 107 16.51%
Quality level 8 173 26.70%
Quality level 9 124 19.14%
Quality level 10 (Outstanding) 40 6.17%
Voters: 648. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2015, 08:35 AM   #21

I gave them a 7. My only gripes that are specific to Jayco:

- Sofa HAB cannot fully open, as island is in the way. Sofa needs to move back a couple inches. Also, I ripped my finger open on an upholstery staple when I was attempting to unfold the HAB.

- #*&#^@$ Schwintech slide. Not produced by Jayco, but they continue to install this POS slide system. I operated it several times at the dealer and at home before my first trip with no issues. But of course on our first outing, it refused to come in. I had to apply a lot of pressure while retracting it in order to get it to go in. It now does that every time I try to open or close it.

- Sink covers (solid surface counters) were very mis-matched in color.

- Missing a clip on a pex cap.

jasoncw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 11:43 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by klpoppe View Post
1st year... initially issues with dinette pulling apart and dinette fabric frayed - no big deal... Then had rust issues on frame/jacks, cracked front cap, and tear in roof believed to be related to front cap replacement. Major headache but Jayco honored the warranty and replaced/repaired everything. I'd hate to see the amount spent on the warranty work!
I'm going to wait to vote on this one. We have two more trips left this month and its a wait and see. Being that I'm a newbie camper, I made it a point to make sure EVERYTHING inside the camper look correct when we purchased it back in April. The problem, I failed to look underneath. The rust on the frame is unreal. Did they take care of the rust issues for you?
Old 10-06-2015, 05:34 PM   #23
Site Team

We need everyone that is relevant to vote in these quality polls so we can use the info as a reference point. Many times only problems are reported on forums so these polls will show just how good or bad the experience has been for all members. Vote.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 06:56 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by iurv View Post
I'm going to wait to vote on this one. We have two more trips left this month and its a wait and see. Being that I'm a newbie camper, I made it a point to make sure EVERYTHING inside the camper look correct when we purchased it back in April. The problem, I failed to look underneath. The rust on the frame is unreal. Did they take care of the rust issues for you?
Dealer initially told me it wasn't covered under warranty. Only under protest did they agree to at least try to see if would be approved. Jayco approved sanding/painting of the frame and jacks no problem. Quality from the dealer was OK. Have some rust poking back through. Mine was manufactured in October which tells me it was probably delivered in the winter time and had a bunch of road salt that was never cleaned off and got to the frame.
klpoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 07:49 PM   #25

Have been very happy with my White Hawk gave it a 10. Never had to take it to the dealer (who is very good). Had to hand tighten the water line to the toilet and put a couple of new machine screws into the wheel well skirts. Awning motor recall was taken care of; was replaced on my property.

After two plus years the only thing not working is the fresh water tank indicator. I don't boon dock so I just carry enough water (ten or so gallons) to use facilities as we travel. Since I can repair most things myself, I may get my lazy butt around to checking into this. On the other hand I may just live with it.

I have put some upgrades into the trailer. Bathroom faucet, fantastic fan, an EMS system and digital thermostat.
2010 Jayco JayFlight 26BH sold
Yamaha EF2000is Generators (2)
1996 Honda CB750 Nighthawk
Nighthawk 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:14 PM   #26

I rank mine at 7

A.C ceiling grill with 2 screw stripped in ceiling so grill was hanging down
Sliding door in bedroom chipped at the bottom
Water coming from slide out
Mattress damaged tear in material
Center cap on wheel corroded
Wrong spare tire installed

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 09:09 AM   #27

I gave it a 10. I couldn't be too much happier with the coach. Only real 'issue' so far is the footrest on one of the theater seats won't stay in the back/locked position. Haven't really looked into it yet though, could be a quick fix. Otherwise our unit is nearly flawless.
freddirkse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 01:54 PM   #28

Ours never went back to the dealer. I notice all the screws driven on crazy angles but I also understand that it's actually stronger that way. So if you see that leave it alone. Nails are also driven on angles so they don't split the wood and are harder to pull. I have wondered if Jayco drives screws on angles by design or just because thats what they do. But I am glad they do.

2016 36FBTS Pinnacle
2016 F350, 6.7, 4x4, DRW, long bed
B & W Companion 5th wheel Hitch
eldermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 02:02 PM   #29
Site Team

Numbers are looking pretty good overall so far with 76% receiving a 7 or better rating on initial quality and 45% for 9 or better.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 03:57 PM   #30

QC VERY Lax!!

Gave it a five. Trailer will be fine, but QC at Jayco is NOT fine! Wires laying behind power center not even stripped. Pex cut at angle and consequently not clamped properly, resulting in water leaking out from under wall. etc. My full list is linked here: http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f7...cts-30493.html
Tim L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 04:38 PM   #31

No issues whatsoever on the White Hawk. We saw it the day after it arrived at the dealer, and before they had time to prep, and noticed a couple of minor things, but all were taken care of before we took delivery. Only a few minor issues after that that I could probably have taken care of myself, but had the dealer take care of them so that I had a paper trail if necessary.

The new Eagle should be in at the end of the month so we'll see if my initial rating holds up...
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 10:06 AM   #32

Quality poll

Our Jayco was in excellent condition. It was necessary to adjust the entry door slightly and the door to the hot water heater. Typical Jayco quality.
mtdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 08:35 PM   #33

I just cast the '10' for our 2013 WhiteHawk' 27DSRL. It was one of those dreaded 'show units' that conventional wisdom says to run from. We didn't and viewed buying it as the best prepped and polished unit viewed that was there to be SOLD. Hey it's a massed produced RV slapped together by folks with some competency at what they do. We have surely seen worse than Jayco. After we made the deal at the show and picked up the unit at Orlando RV two weeks later, It was pristine inside and out. Our 4.5 hour PDI found only an exterior door in need of caulking, nothing else. All the systems and appliances worked, we were shown EVERY detail of operation. No doubt in my mind the dealer is the key to a lot of happiness catching/resolving a lot of wrongs shipped from the factory, and this RV One outlet seems to do their job quite well.
thomasmnile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 09:03 PM   #34

I'll give it a 5 for now. I've owned WAY better in the past, but I've owned worse too. Too many things that are so simple, just piss me off. Jayco specific complaints so far are the crappy wire runs, shoddy installation of swivel TV (ditched it and put solid wall in with TV on each side), cheap transition molding from side wall to skirting that warps when warm outside (fixed with more rigid aluminum molding, you may have seen that in another thread), and of course, just cheap parts everywhere. Don't get me wrong, we do like our rig, especially since it's paid for, but in all honesty, most mass produced RV's are crap in my opinion. Just glad I know how to fix crap. Only way to get a GOOD rig is build it yourself really.

If I had one wish for Jayco, it would be PLEASE kick Lippert to the curb and do an in house frame, and other in house products, just like the in house everything else they do. You don't need Lippert products to make a good RV, you actually need to get away from them to make a good RV. Would somebody please get the blue prints from Leland and revive those box tube frames.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 02:16 PM   #35

I give my '16 23MBH a 5. My wife and I looked at a lot of older Jayco's before we decided to buy this trailer. I really feel like Jayco's quality has gone downhill in 2016. There are too many items to list here but it took me about two weeks of working evenings on the trailer to fix all the factory screw ups. Now at 4 months old the cabinet doors and drawers are already bowing and the face frames are coming apart. I think the chassis and exterior are excellent. The interior design is also excellent but the interior quality is very, very poor.
Old 10-10-2015, 03:59 PM   #36

Mine was back to dealer with a list every time after the first 6 trips and twice after. It was never anything major, but lots of cheap fixture and fit and finish stuff.
2x Honda 2K
NewBlackDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 05:44 PM   #37

Many minor issues topped off with a defective front cap! 2014, WhiteHawk 20mrb.
ninjahbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 02:56 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
The only issues we had with all three of our JAYCO units 01, 08 & 15 were supplier related. Carefree, Coleman and Norcold which is totally out of JAYCO's control.
i would respectfully disagree with this, if jayco had better quality control they would have found supplier related problems. all they have to do is test things out before they leave the factory.
rjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 05:15 PM   #39

Amen rjackson !
ninjahbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 05:16 AM   #40

We will stick with a 9 for initial quality. Had a great second outing, love our Jayco. Almost hate to have to winterize and put it to bed for the winter. We found one issue that would never have been found in the summer in Georgia. The tilt out window in the slide does not have the rivets or nuts/bolts that hold the bar to the window, no big deal we can fix it.
pmames is offline   Reply With Quote