Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-07-2023, 10:06 AM   #1

Jayco Title Question

If any (or all) of you can take a peek at your title and tell me if the Make actually says "Jayco" I would appreciate it greatly. I am being told that all MSO's that come from Jayco list the model as the make, and the titles are issued according to that. The title on my '23 Seismic 359 lists the make as "SELMC" (I know, they even spelled it wrong). That doesn't seem right. Input? Thanks,
Loaded-N-Rollin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 10:16 AM   #2

interesting... never looked.
My Jayco Seneca is listed under make as "SENE"
Arkansas title
Instagram @wanderingpeaches
www.youtube.com/@wanderingpeaches
repeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 10:19 AM   #3

I think it depends upon the state where it is titled. My Greyhawk came with two MCOs, one for a 2019 Ford E450 and another for a 2020 Jayco Greyhawk. Massachusetts titled it as 2019 Jayco.
Old 04-07-2023, 10:23 AM   #4

Thanks. I can't imagine that would be the correct way. I would like to hear an explanation for that. When we bought my wife's Chevrolet Equinox, the make on the title is Chev and the model is Equinox. I went to title RV in Indiana, and they don't list Seismic as manufacturer, so their options were get it fixed or "unknown". They wouldn't do Jayco, which they showed me was in there system because the original title had SELMC. They couldn't answer when I asked why they could change it to unknown when changing to Jayco would be more accurate. I don't see how a manufacturer can list a model as a make on a MSO that is then put on a title. Of all the nit-picky things states make you do (In IN we have to have a new vehicle's VIN inspected by a police officer if purchased out of state), I am amazed they allow this to happen.
Old 04-07-2023, 10:24 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvspl View Post
I think it depends upon the state where it is titled.
Also how the dealer submits the paperwork to the State, they fill out the actual title application.
Old 04-07-2023, 10:41 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Also how the dealer submits the paperwork to the State, they fill out the actual title application.
Grumpy,
It's your preferred dealer, Colerain, and I am sorry, but that is unacceptable. I know they sell a lot to people in IN, so are all of those RV's running around with the actual model as the make or "unknown"? This has had to have come up before because Seismic wasn't even in the states computer. This is nothing against Aline, Jeff or the hitch guy at Colerain. They did a good job, and are great in my book. From there either no one pays attention, or they don't care. maybe it is not as big a deal as I think it is, but dealing with titles for 35 yrs in the trucking business, I can attest that no matter how hard it may be, fixing it now is a whole lot easier than having an issue when I sell it or trade it. Then it would be on me while now it is on them. My previous TT was titled correctly and I bought it in OH too at a different dealer.
Old 04-07-2023, 10:47 AM   #7

Mine says Jayco.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 11:08 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loaded-N-Rollin' View Post
Grumpy,
It's your preferred dealer, Colerain, and I am sorry, but that is unacceptable.
I didn't say it was right, wrong or acceptable. All I said was it will depend on the state and how the dealer submitted it. Did Indiana issue the title? If so, then they apparently had no problem with it. All the dealer does is submit the application, if it was wrong IN should have kicked it back. As rpietsch said his AR title says SENE for his Seneca.
Old 04-07-2023, 11:31 AM   #9

Quote:
I didn't say it was right, wrong or acceptable. All I said was it will depend on the state and how the dealer submitted it. Did Indiana issue the title? If so, then they apparently had no problem with it. All the dealer does is submit the application, if it was wrong IN should have kicked it back. As rpietsch said his AR title says SENE for his Seneca.
That is my point. I just was looking to see if wrong was common. My previous RV was purchased in OH, and they issued the original title in OH, and I had to do get it switched to IN to do the registration, just like this. No problem there. It was a Prime Time Fury 3012X . The make was listed as PRI, the model Fury, and Model description 3012X. On the new one, OH issued the original title with SELMC as the make , and Indiana does not list that or Seismic as a manufacturer. They told me that even if Seismic were a maker, they couldn't correct the spelling error and I would have to go back to OH for that. They gave me two options of 1. Going through dealer and/or Jayco to get the OH title corrected or 2. They would issue the title under make: "unknown". I can see that being problems down the road, and it will be harder to explain and fix then than it is now. I didn't even notice until the guy at the BMV said, "We have a problem", and gathered two other people to look at his screen and have a pow-wow. Those are the options that came out of it.
Old 04-07-2023, 11:58 AM   #10

You can go through the OHIO BMV too, 2nd paragraph.

Mileage, VIN, or Brand Correction

If the incorrect mileage, vehicle identification number (VIN), or brand (exceeded, salvage, non-actual, buyback) was due to a county error, please contact the County Clerk of Courts Title Office where the title was issued.

If the incorrect mileage, VIN, or brand (exceeded, salvage, non-actual, buyback) was due to a customer or dealer error, please contact the BMV Title Support Section for assistance.

Requests for correction will be reviewed and verified.
The BMV will respond to requests within 10 business days from the date documents are received. Failure to submit all required documents may result in the request being denied.
If approved, a letter will be issued asking the County Clerk of Courts Title Office to issue a replacement title correcting the mileage, VIN, or brand.
Please note: a request for a correction does not guarantee approval of the correction.
Old 04-07-2023, 12:01 PM   #11

Grumpy,

Thank you for that. I will copy and paste to Colerain. I paid them $285 for title and documentation fees, so I feel it is their responsibility to provide the correct title.
Old 04-07-2023, 12:20 PM   #12

They sent me the Certificate of Origin, and something caught my eye that may be of interest to all the threads dedicated to dry weight and towing capacity. The advertised dry weight of this 359 on the Colerain website is 12,730 #. It is still on their website as of yesterday and I picked it up March 4th - same stock# and Vin. The COO lists the shipping weight as 13,319#. Just another reason to do your homework and follow the advice of the experienced members of this forum and weigh your rig. I thought I had plenty of room for meat and beer weight, but as it turns out, after the 1335# smoker is in the garage, I only have about 900-1000 lbs of tow rating left, and I will probably be over on hitch/payload. I was not over payload bringing it home, as the truck's air system tells me when that happens -
Old 04-07-2023, 01:15 PM   #13

Checking the sticker on your rig would be the most accurate for those weights.
Old 04-07-2023, 06:59 PM   #14

Mine says 'Bank of America' :-)
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 12:51 PM   #15

Mine from Montana says Jayco
BoulderB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 01:35 PM   #16

As stated earlier...each state has their own database and nomenclature.
Retired @ PCB
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 01:43 PM   #17

Thanks for the replies. I am building my case. The dealer now insists they cannot change a MSO or get the title changed in OH. They are probably correct, they can't. That is up to Jayco to say they are in error and request a correction. I don't think the dealer has even contacted Jayco. The VIN sticker just has Jayco, and doesn't have the word Seismic anywhere. The only place Seismic appears is on the decals, and that is "Seismic by Jayco".
Old 04-12-2023, 01:48 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loaded-N-Rollin' View Post
Thanks for the replies. I am building my case. The dealer now insists they cannot change a MSO or get the title changed in OH. They are probably correct, they can't. That is up to Jayco to say they are in error and request a correction. I don't think the dealer has even contacted Jayco. The VIN sticker just has Jayco, and doesn't have the word Seismic anywhere. The only place Seismic appears is on the decals, and that is "Seismic by Jayco".
One would think that since you are in Indiana and Jayco is an Indiana Manufacturer it would be easier since the MSO is where the original error is.
Old 04-12-2023, 02:06 PM   #19

Quote:
One would think that since you are in Indiana and Jayco is an Indiana Manufacturer it would be easier since the MSO is where the original error is.
One would think, huh? My error was buying it in OH. I should have went to their IN branch and had it transferred, but I really wanted Aline to get the sale because she did work hard to get my business. The dealer titled it in OH for my $285, and I have to title it in IN to register. That is where the error started because Seismic is not a Make in the IN system. I have Jayco Assistant General Counsel looking into it now. He was very nice on the phone and seemed helpful, agreeing that Seismic is, in fact, a model. He sounded generally surprised that the make is not Jayco on the MSO or title. I will give him a chance to help before going any further.
Old 04-13-2023, 05:43 AM   #20

Our JayFlight title says “JAYF”
Kathied65 is offline   Reply With Quote