Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-29-2013, 08:53 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
David472's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 1,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Eagle View Post
Wow, I've found just the opposite to be true. There are a couple independent RV service facilities here in Michigan that our family have used in the past for Jayco warranty service claims, no problems.

Bob
Makes me wonder if RVDirect was the "stick in the mud" and not Jayco.
__________________

__________________
Jayco Eagle 31.5RLDS
GMC Sierra 2500 HD
David472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:41 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Central California
Posts: 2,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebber78 View Post
Jayco is the most difficult non-Jayco warranty repair company I've dealt with. Jayco is adamant that any work be performed by their network under their terms.... I have had warranty work done by a RV repair shop but it took Jayco and RVDirect between 5-7 months to reimburse the expenses I paid to me. Also, RVDirect talks a good game but their warranty support sucks, no nice way to put it. If you live in MA I suggest you try Forrest RV for sales. I regret not buying from them.
5-7 months would be a very long time, from what I understand its typical for a mfg to reimburse labor around 90 days...still a long time but that's the industry.
__________________

__________________
2007 Chevy Duramax LMM/Allison
2012 Jay Flight 29QBH
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:09 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Maine
Posts: 174
Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
It's definitely RVDirect but also Jayco. While I have NO issues getting work approved the repayment process is long. The 5 month time was Jayco, I bypassed RVDirect and called Jayco about my claim and they verified they were "busy"....

Also, it was definitely Jayco when my electronic door lock failed, locked us in the trailer, and had to be busted to let us out. Jayco refused to send me a part directly without a Jayco dealer looking at it or me paying a non-Jayco dealer to evaluate. I would have needed to duct tape or wire the door shut to move the unit. I ended up calling the manufacturer of the door lock who shipped a part to me in two days with a return label. If this would've been my previous Forest River, they would have taken a credit card number and sent a replacement with a return label.

Yes, my Jayco is well built for the most part but in the future I would not buy from RVDirect and I would evaluate my previous customer service experiences with Jayco. My Forest River only had a one year warranty but they bent over backwards on any issue and it never once had to visit an actual dealership. So far on this Jayco, I've had a tear in the linoleum, slides out of adjustment, sloppy finish work (actual trim pieces missing...) and various other Jayco issues.

I'm not new to RV ownership and I've previously owned a Jayco pop up and hybrid - Jayco service, IMHO, isn't on par with some of its peers where in the past they stood way above others.
__________________
Webber Family :campfire:
DW & 2 DD's
2013 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:40 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Missouri City, The Republic of Texas
Posts: 3,004
I've only had one warranty issue with our X23B which was a defective stereo. I called Jayco and they wanted me to take it to a dealer. I didn't really want to do that and after a little discussion the fellow asked if I was comfortable replacing it myself. It showed up on my doorstep a few days later. They asked that I return the defective unit and put the receipt for the return shipping in the box as well so they could refund that as well. I forgot to put the receipt in the box and they called me about a week later to ask about the return shipping costs. The receipt was long gone and I vaguely remembered it being about $25. He asked if he could send a check for the $25 which showed up a week or so later.
Our TT being such a simple one I was comfortable purchasing through RV Direct and not worrying too much about warranty service since I'm a reasonably handy guy. Our next TT (we're shopping now) will be a 5er and I'm thinking about buying it locally to insure I won't have issues getting it worked on if needed.
__________________
Cheers,
T_

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:29 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Burson, CA In the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mts.
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebber78 View Post
It's definitely RVDirect but also Jayco. While I have NO issues getting work approved the repayment process is long. The 5 month time was Jayco, I bypassed RVDirect and called Jayco about my claim and they verified they were "busy"....

Also, it was definitely Jayco when my electronic door lock failed, locked us in the trailer, and had to be busted to let us out. Jayco refused to send me a part directly without a Jayco dealer looking at it or me paying a non-Jayco dealer to evaluate. I would have needed to duct tape or wire the door shut to move the unit. I ended up calling the manufacturer of the door lock who shipped a part to me in two days with a return label. If this would've been my previous Forest River, they would have taken a credit card number and sent a replacement with a return label.

Yes, my Jayco is well built for the most part but in the future I would not buy from RVDirect and I would evaluate my previous customer service experiences with Jayco. My Forest River only had a one year warranty but they bent over backwards on any issue and it never once had to visit an actual dealership. So far on this Jayco, I've had a tear in the linoleum, slides out of adjustment, sloppy finish work (actual trim pieces missing...) and various other Jayco issues.

I'm not new to RV ownership and I've previously owned a Jayco pop up and hybrid - Jayco service, IMHO, isn't on par with some of its peers where in the past they stood way above others.

Our experience has been quite the opposite. While I have had a few warranty issues on our unit I have found Jayco to be very accommodating and the reimbursement of out of pocket costs to be paid in a very reasonable time. Our trailer just went out of warranty so now it is all on us but I think the unit is great and Jayco is a good brand to own.

Steve
__________________

Steve, Berne and Rascal
2012 Jayco 31.5 RLTS
2007 F250 Powerstroke
Panhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 03:43 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Maine
Posts: 174
Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Glad they have satisfied your needs - based on friends with units they are hit or miss. I think a lot depends on the dealer, too.
__________________
Webber Family :campfire:
DW & 2 DD's
2013 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:03 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Burson, CA In the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mts.
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebber78 View Post
Glad they have satisfied your needs - based on friends with units they are hit or miss. I think a lot depends on the dealer, too.
Our local dealer has a terrible shop, they have screwed up as much as they fixed. The last warranty work was done by another "local" dealer who does not sell Jayco in this area but has a location in Gilroy Calif that does sell Jayco and they did a great job. The local Jayco dealer will NEVER see this trailer again.

Steve
__________________

Steve, Berne and Rascal
2012 Jayco 31.5 RLTS
2007 F250 Powerstroke
Panhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:46 PM   #18
Site Team
 
Crabman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia`s Eastern Shore
Posts: 14,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead View Post
Our local dealer has a terrible shop, they have screwed up as much as they fixed. The last warranty work was done by another "local" dealer who does not sell Jayco in this area but has a location in Gilroy Calif that does sell Jayco and they did a great job. The local Jayco dealer will NEVER see this trailer again.

Steve
This is a good point. Just because a dealer is local, does not mean they are good.....
__________________

__________________
2017 Coachmen Catalina 283RKS
2004 Chevy 2500 HD CC 6.0l
2010 Jayflight 28BHS (sold)
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.