Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-17-2020, 01:07 PM   #21

Flickering lights fixed

I had a similar situation. However, after the power at the campground went off and later returned.

The flickering lights were fixed! No more flickering. So possibly the loss of power corrected this issue.
mreade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 01:13 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreade View Post
I had a similar situation. However, after the power at the campground went off and later returned.

The flickering lights were fixed! No more flickering. So possibly the loss of power corrected this issue.
More than likely this was a low power condition at the park, and they shut it off to repair it.
400 AH LiFePo4 house batt w/750 watts solar 40A charger & 2500 watt whole house Inverter.
2021 Ford Ranger 4X4 Toad
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 02:00 PM   #23

Glad it’s Self-Corrected

Just glad the flickering LED lights self-corrected after the power outage thereby saving a little $$.

Regards.
mreade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 02:01 PM   #24

I had same issue in 2016 Seneca and was the wire taps connection. Found first wire tap in series had bad connection
Kerwin1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 03:09 PM   #25
Joy

LED lights flickering

I had the same problem with my 2017 JayFeather. Jayco assured me they were NOT part of the recall and insisted I contact the dealer for replacement under warranty, which I did. At the time it was only 1 light. Just shortly after warranty expired, I had 4 more start to flicker when warmed up. The dealer got Jayco to make good on the replacements since it was a known issue. Fortunately the dealer was willing to mail them to me since they are over 100 miles away. Recently I had 2 more start to flicker so I ordered a 6 pack from Amazon.
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 03:20 PM   #26

Ok... I got a recall for my 2017, they said it was faulty lights. I decided to just be cautious instead of haul my trailer an hour away, and having to empty it first. Now my light flickered, bought replacement light from Jayco for $4. They denied any knowledge of a recall, even though I still had the letter. Had it replaced for o er $100 service call. Now another e started flickering yesterday. They are easy to change if I knew how to un clip the connectors. Note to self: next time I get a recall. Go right away.... I would have gotten all new lights. Now they deny the issue 🙄
MonicaMHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 03:48 PM   #27

My 2017 Greyhawk had a few lights conk out but I was able to fix them. The solder connection on the power leads at the board were bad. After I had 3 failures I researched the problem. I found an article describing a recall of the lights. Jayco NEVER contacted me about the recall. These lights ran hot, which is something I noticed, and potentially were a fire hazzard.

Here is the article: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/news...ts-082317.html

I contacted the manufacturer and they sent me replacement lights for my entire rig free of charge. Did the work myself as I did not want to wait months for Jayco to do anything. Work was not hard to do but my shoulders were a bit sore from doing everything overhead.

I have attached a picture of the defective light. All I had to do to get my free replacements was to send a picture to the manufacturer. Thank you Jayco for nothing!

Here is manufacturer: Command Electronics
Attached Thumbnails
Led Light 3.jpg  

Jim

Retired electronic technician (45 years in the field)
2017 Greyhawk 29W (solar & many other mods)
wife (maybe I should have given her top billing)
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 05:40 PM   #28

Hope it's not the issue I had

Ours would flicker when a door was opened or closed or pretty much any vibration ( 2014 x17z ). Still under warranty...dealer determined it was the converter. I had it replaced with a progressive vs. the wfco that was bad. I paid a few extra $$ , but no issues since.
camprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 05:00 AM   #29

I called Jayco about my lights flickering. they were failing one by one. They quoted me $145 to "trouble shoot" .

E-mailed command Electronics they wern't covered on the original recall but they checked if they had a bad batch and sent me all new lights. Not the whole fixture but the LED disc.

Push a small screwdriver in from the back to to bend the clips out to remove the disc.

W
Conservationman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 08:34 AM   #30

Send a message via ICQ to AV8R Send a message via Skype™ to AV8R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandybar View Post
I sent in a external customer request for possible replacement LED lights that flicker when turn on.

Jayco response was to put in a dimmer switch with a noise reduction. Gave me a schematic and makes no sense to me.

Has anyone had any success doing this?

Thanks
I had the same issue with a 2019 387RDFS. It turned out that the problem was being caused by the converter working to charge the batteries after traveling.

Two 12v batteries are just not enough power for a unit with a residential refrigerator, an inverter, five electric slides and electric leveling jacks.

I replaced those batteries with six, 6v deep cycle batteries, wired in series in banks of two each, and then the three banks of two wired in parallel. I also run a charger while traveling from a generator in my truck bed - CTEK (56-674) Multi US 25000 8-step, Fully Automatic 12 Volt 25 Amp Battery Charger.

this eliminated the flickering of the upper and lower accent lights, and the ceiling lights.

Depending on your unit, you may consider 6v deep cycle batteries wired in series. I could fit six of them, but even two would be better than two 12v batteries.
AV8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 07:31 AM   #31

Quote:
I sent in a external customer request for possible replacement LED lights that flicker when turn on.

Jayco response was to put in a dimmer switch with a noise reduction. Gave me a schematic and makes no sense to me.

Thanks
Good morning.
With all due respect, because so much product is made in China, there is a lack in quality. I am suggesting that corrosion could be a part of your issue. Check contacts for corrosion, clean contacts and put small dab of electrical grease on each contact and monitor.
Just a thought.
Retired Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 06:42 AM   #32

Boy, glad to see this. I had planned to replace the florence in my Seneca MH with led, but seeing these problems, may stick with what I have.
gymracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 06:39 PM   #33

Lights Flicker / When Furnace Comes on

My reply to LED lights flickering. Started when purchased 2018. Today 10/30/2020 still not fixed. Jayco says to replace dimmer with on/off. Thats the fix! Has anyone done this yet?
carlismr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 07:05 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlismr View Post
My reply to LED lights flickering. Started when purchased 2018. Today 10/30/2020 still not fixed. Jayco says to replace dimmer with on/off. Thats the fix! Has anyone done this yet?
What have they done so far? Do yours flicker randomly or when something else occurs?
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 08:41 AM   #35

Quote:

Thanks
Did not work. Jayco told me yesterday the fix is to replace switch with a ON/OFF switch. Really!
Old 11-01-2020, 01:49 PM   #36

They only Flicker when their off and the furnace licks on.
Old 11-01-2020, 03:17 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlismr View Post
They only Flicker when their off and the furnace licks on.
Then I am pretty sure you need both the new dimmer with filter, and the separate power wire for your thermostat.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 10:45 PM   #38

An update on the flickering led lights. Emailed Command Electronics and the sent me new pucks to replace all of the lights.. installed them snd so far so good.

Thanks for all your input
Sandybar is offline   Reply With Quote