Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-26-2019, 10:46 AM   #1

Road side assistance

This has probably been posted before. Currently have Coach-Net and just received a quote from Good Sam's. There is a $100.00 difference between both plans. Any suggestions ? Thanks
Rico 1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:20 PM   #2

Our dealer gave us a 7 year subscription to these folks:

ROUTE 66 RV Network | Largest RV Dealer Network in North America

We haven't used them so I have no knowledge as to how well they respond.
GarlicDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:23 PM   #3

You might consider checking out FMCA (Family Motor Coach Assoc). You have join, ($60/year) but their road side assist is $69/yr and they also provide FMCA which provides emergency medical evacuation coverage available to members worldwide as long as you are more than 100 miles from home. You can be traveling in an RV, car, plane, ship, or motorcycle to be eligible for this benefit. If you are a full-time RVer, you are always considered 100 miles from home which is free to members. Plus a bunch of other benefits. We are taking advantage of their $49.99/monthly internet (only) access with Verizon (also available through Sprint).

FMCA now accepts travel trailers into their membership. It turned out when we joined, we were the 3000 TT to join.

Check them out at WWW.FMCA.COM. And if you do decide to join, tell them member F489460 sent you.
ifallsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:36 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarlicDude View Post
Our dealer gave us a 7 year subscription to these folks:

ROUTE 66 RV Network | Largest RV Dealer Network in North America

We haven't used them so I have no knowledge as to how well they respond.
We got a 1 year gratis with our purchase years ago but there was no towing/roadside assist then with it. I would verify if that part is a add on. If it is with the freebe, then you got a nice gift!
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:40 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norine View Post
This has probably been posted before. Currently have Coach-Net and just received a quote from Good Sam's. There is a $100.00 difference between both plans. Any suggestions ? Thanks
We got the free 1 year coach-net offer with iour purchase in 2011. It was only fot the rv, not the tow vehicle and so we already had GSRS which covers all vehicles, even the one at home parked in your driveway.

BTW, the only thing you are paying for is the phone call and dispatch. They all have contracts with the same locals who do the work. They all give intro prices for the first year. Then it will increase every year in most cases.
Gator roll-up bed cover
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Old 02-26-2019, 12:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
We got a 1 year gratis with our purchase years ago but there was no towing/roadside assist then with it. I would verify if that part is a add on. If it is with the freebe, then you got a nice gift!
Wife called them a couple of weeks ago and roadside assistance was included, including towing.
GarlicDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:45 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarlicDude View Post
Wife called them a couple of weeks ago and roadside assistance was included, including towing.
You got a deal then, 7 years could save you almost $1000. over 7 years.

If I remember, you also get a 10% discount on rv parts.
Gator roll-up bed cover
Old 04-20-2019, 07:45 PM   #8

Angry Great Scam Good Sam

I am a 2nd year paid member of Good Sam Roadside, and this April was the first time I needed something: a jumpstart of my 350 Ford Superduty which had sat idle most of the winter.

I called, and she could not locate my membership and if I wanted she would dispatch assistance for $190. $190 TO JUMP START MY VEHICLE! Service station across the street got me going for $10.

I got home and checked my account, and sure enough, I have an account that doesn't expire until May. I'm letting GOOD SAM the GREAT SCAM go away and signing up with AAA Premier. And, I won't renew The Good Sam Club either because I don't want a discount on their over-priced stuff that I can either buy for less on Amazon or support my local dealer who hangs on all winter and is there for me in the spring when I need them.
gmast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 07:54 PM   #9

I insure with Allstate and added towing coverage to my camper as well as car. Did not cost nearly as much as insuring with a separate insurer.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 08:35 PM   #10

Your might consider checking out FMCA. I have full coverage for $69/yr. I've looked at their contract and as I read it, the battery jump would be free. Also covers any vehicle you and your family are driving (own, lease, rent, borrow).

Membership is $69/yr. If you want any additional information, PM me.
ifallsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 08:46 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerR View Post
I insure with Allstate and added towing coverage to my camper as well as car. Did not cost nearly as much as insuring with a separate insurer.
Does the insurance company charge a roadside call as if you had an accident? I've heard some insurers do that.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:51 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifallsguy View Post
Your might consider checking out FMCA. I have full coverage for $69/yr. I've looked at their contract and as I read it, the battery jump would be free. Also covers any vehicle you and your family are driving (own, lease, rent, borrow).

Membership is $69/yr. If you want any additional information, PM me.
I'm in the northeast. Does FMCA have reliable service on the east coast?
and BTW, I started but never finished the HAM license but do have a couple of antennas in the trees and a computer controlled SDRPlay.