Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-03-2011, 09:47 PM   #11
Site Team

Hey rray, I seen a photo of your 1995 Jayco on another post...it looked super. You did a good job rebuilding it. Hope you will add some interior photos of your remodel job. If you have a good product like your Jayco, you don't need a new one........or that monthly payment.

dg1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:56 PM   #12

Well, we did it! Stepped up and took our trade in today. Will be picking up "Audrey II" on Saturday.

Camping AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:35 PM   #13

Congrats on the new rig. Enjoy.
Mary Anne
2011 Jayco Jay Flight 26RLS-Sold
2014 Jayco Eagle 298 RLDS
maromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:49 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping AZ View Post
Well, we did it! Stepped up and took our trade in today. Will be picking up "Audrey II" on Saturday.
"Feed me, Seymore!"

Get a sign shop to put the name of the rig along with a picture of the carnivorous plant next to the entrance door.

Richard and Laura Ray
Amateur Radio W4RLR
"The Green Goblin" 2008 F-250 Lariat CC SB, 6.4 liter automatic, 4x4"Love Shack" 1995 Jayco Eagle 277 RBSS fifth-wheel
rray32539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:38 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rray32539 View Post
"Feed me, Seymore!"

Get a sign shop to put the name of the rig along with a picture of the carnivorous plant next to the entrance door.
Rray32539 I got to admit I love the name of the TV and TT... Really good!
Mopar1973Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:34 AM   #16

Here's something I posted in a different section of this forum.

Hopefully, it helps others - who are deciding Jwhich ayco band and which specific model might be better (in the long run) for them....

-------------------

We have a 2006 Jayco 29FBS - 1st generation JayFlight model. Bought it pre-owned from my local RV dealer (who has since closed down). Previous TT owner had it for 8 months and felt it was too big for towing. Thus, they traded it in for a 24ft 5er. And, we got a great pre-owned purchase price on this 29ft TT. For picture of 29FBS design, surf: http://images.traderonline.com//img/...mb_550x410.jpg

Luckily, I've owned several TTs during the years and look past the Jayco brand name. For "open concept", I love our 2006 Jayco. For seperate bath tub and washroom area (only on FBS models), I love our 2006 Jayco. On the bad side, our 2006 Jayco has "dry fit" factory windows. Each of its windows had to be re-sealled. Our 2006 jayco has factory "useless" Fibreglass batting insulation. Actually, that stuff holds water and critters love it as well. Especially its underbelly insulation. Wish Jayco would start using Spray Foam in their walls, ceiling and underbelly areas. At factory with mass production down assembly lines, Spray Foam insulation would cost very little more. Our 2006 Jayco's slide roof is starting to leak as well. Thus, I must install a slide topper on its slide this spring. Hoping a slide topper will stop future water damage. For solidness (re: less creeking sounds when towing and walking across its floor), I find our previous '93 Prowler was much more solid. Our older Prowler box felt solid and even looked solid. Before Spray Foam, our Jayco squeeked while walking across its floor.

I hear Jayco Eagle models are better quality compared to their Jayflight models. Next time around, I'd focus more on the Eagle models. And, focus on factory Spray Foam or vaccum bonded foam trailer construction. After having spray foam under our Jayco's TT's underbelly, I'd never go back to traditional fibreglass insulation again. And if I must, it would be upgraded to contractor grade spray foam the 2nd day its factory warranty expired. That's how impressed I am with proper Closed Cell - 2 lbs Spray Foam @ 3.5 - 4.0" thick (on a TT build).

Would I buy Jayco again? The Jury is still out. I can tell you that our previous '93 Prowler was more solid, had better construction materials and overall, its solid floor bottom (re: all its heating and electrical lines where within the chassis core) stopped critter entry as well. And, its windows were properly sealed with puddy as well. If it wasn't the need for more inner space, I would have kept our previous 19ft Prowler TT. Hopefully, the Eagle models are better "long term" quality than 1st generation Jayflight models (like my 2006 29FBS TT).

Overall, I'd give our Jayco a 7.5 out of 10. 9.9 if they used factory Spray Foam in their walls, ceiling and underbelly areas. IMO, minimum traikler build should be Spray Foam - CC @ 2lbs. And, come with factory surge protection as well....

Spike99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:26 PM   #17

jayco quality

I own a Jayco 32 ft. designer with just about the same layout you have except it has two slides. It sits in a permanent campground in Maine.
Been camping since 1963 and have had a Coachman, Citation, Yellowstone, Coleman, Puritan and Jayco.
Am here to tell you without a shadow of a doubt, Jayco was by far the best product.
Few weeks ago I just purchased my third Jayco a Skylark simply to do some travelling. Did not get rid of my Designer, my wife simply loves that trailer.
Good luck with your decision, hope if you decide on the Jayco you are as happy with it as my family has been with ours.
Happy trailering

rog4kneer is offline   Reply With Quote