Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-13-2021, 08:18 AM   #1

You and 11.2 mil others looking for a site..

From RV BUSINESS:

Go RVing Study: RV Ownership Soars to Record 11.2 Million

Last year, Americans took to RVing in near record numbers. However, 2021 will exceed that enthusiasm with more RVs set to be manufactured this year than at any time in the RV industry’s history, according to a release from the RV Industry Association (RVIA).

https://rvbusiness.com/go-rving-stud...-11-2-million/
Old 03-13-2021, 09:12 AM   #2

Glad I'm booked up for the yr [emoji6]
Old 03-13-2021, 09:15 AM   #3

DW and I were talking about this just last night.

Not only are sites going to become more difficult to attain, but I have to wonder if build quality will suffer even more too?

It seems like back after the "financial crisis" (2008-2010 maybe?) when RV sales slumped quite a lot, build quality improved somewhat. Then as demand ramped, and the associated production ramped, build quality decayed somewhat.

To be fair, I have absolutely NO data to back up that theory, it's just a thought I had. I have to wonder if production lines are going to get even more sloppy with rushed builds to try to meet demand?

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 09:39 AM   #4

We've got 6 week long trips booked in WI state parks this summer. SP sites can be booked 11 months in advance and DW is on it because some parks can fill up in under an hour.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 05:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
DW and I were talking about this just last night.

Not only are sites going to become more difficult to attain, but I have to wonder if build quality will suffer even more too?

It seems like back after the "financial crisis" (2008-2010 maybe?) when RV sales slumped quite a lot, build quality improved somewhat. Then as demand ramped, and the associated production ramped, build quality decayed somewhat.

To be fair, I have absolutely NO data to back up that theory, it's just a thought I had. I have to wonder if production lines are going to get even more sloppy with rushed builds to try to meet demand?
I'll be able to tell ya in about a week. Friends of ours have a 2yr old Eagle that had the front cap separation issue EARLY in ownership, and a few other issues. They ordered a new 2021 model back in November 2020 and it should be here in a few days. They, and I, will get a chance to give it a good look over when I have to take mine to the same dealer for my leaf spring replacement recall.
Lake Huron is offline   Reply With Quote