Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-05-2010, 08:17 PM   #11

The most important thing about RV'ing is something no-one's mentioned to you yet ... "Have Fun"!

Ask the questions, because everyone's been in your shoes at least once and walked-that-walk... all of us have learned either the easy way (asking) or the hard way (screwing-up by not asking).

Joe mentioned to write down all your questions for the walk through, and that's good advice. This site is full of experienced (and some not-so-experienced) folks who're here to help!

2010 JayFeather 23K
05 GMC Envoy XL
McMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:02 AM   #12

Can't Thank All of You Enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMonk View Post
The most important thing about RV'ing is something no-one's mentioned to you yet ... "Have Fun"!

Ask the questions, because everyone's been in your shoes at least once and walked-that-walk... all of us have learned either the easy way (asking) or the hard way (screwing-up by not asking).

Joe mentioned to write down all your questions for the walk through, and that's good advice. This site is full of experienced (and some not-so-experienced) folks who're here to help!
We will do that. Also I bought DVDs that will educate us. They show how to hook up the trailer, etc. and answer a lot of questions on what is needed, but not all. I know we need the DVDs because I know I'll forget to ask questions I'll think of later.

If it were not for this site, I don't know if I would have even bought a trailer. The first one we looked at while we were in North Carolina was too big and heavy for our SUV, but we did not know that. Good thing we were far enough from home that we decided to look closer because we almost bought it and at almost full price, too. It was here, on this site, that I learned you don't pay full MSRP and have to haggle, just like on a car. We hate that, why can't everything be sold to everyone at the same fair price? Also, I had read about safety but did not know what any of the numbers and equipment for safe trailering meant. All you people, especially, Joe, have been so helpful in giving advice. My main concern was and is safety and what we can pull and Joe was great explaining those numbers. There is so much to know. Both my husband and myself thought you just go buy the trailer and the people who sell it to you take into consideration safety and whether you can tow with the vehicle you have. If I did not look here we would probably be pulling a 26 foot 7,000 lb or more trailer with our SUV rated for only 5,000. I can't say enough good things about this site and hope anyone who is considering buying a trailer who knows nothing like us, comes here.

Sabina is offline   Reply With Quote