Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-02-2013, 05:19 PM   #11

Nice choose of TT Caleb, I picked our 23m up end of January and we absolutely love it. Already put in two weekends and a short week I it. Can't say I worried to much on the size of the Fresh water tank and we usually do State parks or others with at least water ! It's definitely camping in style !

DBartlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #12

Welcome DBartlett, congrats on the 23M make sure you post often in the Ultra lite section, a few of us 228ers are interested in how the 23M works for you.

Dogfather to Yoshi our rescue German Shepherd
and Alley our husky mix rescue
Lsuduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:49 PM   #13

We purchased our Jay Feather 228 last month from Colerain in Cincinnati, OH. Very good to deal with. Any tips on the 228? We've been a pop up owner in the past, and I have to admit we are a bit nervous remembering everything. Where is your group to join?
herbjayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #14

Well the deal with the 23M fell through. Willie's RV wouldn't move on the price, not even $50. They were only 25% under MSRP. We also decided it was just more TT than we needed. We had first looked at a new but left over from last year, 2012 Jay Feather X213 at a different dealer. Bought it for $3,000 less than the 23M. It fits in the parking spot next to our garage much better than the 23M would have too. We'll see how the small fresh water tank works and if its too small, I'll see if I can add another one or just bring extra water.
Caleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:42 PM   #15

Well then Congrats on the 213 Caleb, nothing wrong with that for sure ! Still looks like a great unit.
DBartlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:41 PM   #16

Hi fellow Wisconsinite Congrats on your new home away from home. Speaking of where to camp in our area, Lake Wissota is also our "go-to" spot as we live in Eau Claire, but for something extra special I suggest checking out Wyalusing State Park which is south of La Crosse. Go ahead and reserve a spot to make sure you have somewhere to park, but before you settle in ask at the office if there are any sites available up on the ridge. Those campsites are strictly first come first served because they have a FABULOUS western view of the Mississippi river and they pretty much get taken as soon as they are vacant. That state park area also has a REALLY nice canoe river trail (seriously.. its a trail!) and we loved it! We packed a picnic lunch and spent the day on that trail paddling through beautiful scenery. It is nice anytime of year, but would be particularly spectacular during the fall. They rent canoes, but we brought our own. (Sam's Club - has a built in cooler, drink holders, we love it!).

Happy Camping!

woltra is offline   Reply With Quote