Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-12-2016, 05:32 PM   #11

I have not been to that area much, other than the Niagara KOA as one of our first trips. We mainly go to the provincial parks on Lakes Erie and Huron, but they are electric only and relatively expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJL1967 View Post
Welcome to JOF! Great choice in TT. We love our 28DSBH. Going on our third trouble free season and have put many miles on it so far (17,000 km). We plan to be up in your area this summer to visit a friend in Orangeville and go to Toronto and Canada's Wonderland. Is there a campground you would recommend in that area that would not be too far each of these places? (? Indian Line)

motorbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 05:40 PM   #12

Those are both quite a drive for use, anything that involves driving through Toronto is a huge pain.

What are your favorite parks for dirty biking? I am almost getting my DRZ ready for the spring!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyritefoot View Post
This year plan on bon echo and Algonquin this year for the long weekends and the rest will be private parks and my neighbors cottage for some weekends. Like to get camping areas that allow for dirt bikes, atvs, and utvs. Throws some fun in the mix of camping, few of my friends have toy haulers.

Old 02-12-2016, 06:08 PM   #13

Quote:
This year plan on bon echo and Algonquin this year for the long weekends and the rest will be private parks and my neighbors cottage for some weekends. Like to get camping areas that allow for dirt bikes, atvs, and utvs. Throws some fun in the mix of camping, few of my friends have toy haulers.
You can camp at Motopark Motocross Training and Fort Moto Paintball - Motopark Training Facility

There are trails, mx track, kids track and I believe paintball.
Im not sure about UTV's though.
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 06:21 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorbreath View Post
Those are both quite a drive for use, anything that involves driving through Toronto is a huge pain.

What are your favorite parks for dirty biking? I am almost getting my DRZ ready for the spring!
Ya I know what you mean I'm 40 minutes east of Toronto just outside of oshawa. Like the Ganaraska forest only 25 minutes away from my house, would like to get an adventure bike but don't have the time for it and money. I'll just use my 09 Ktm 300 xc for another couple of years. Love trail riding and going to the track occasionally.
Heavyritefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 06:36 AM   #15

Just picked the trailer up yesterday, super stoked for the season to come. Had fun trying to set up my curt tru track wdh in -35 temperatures with the wind chill, but I pulled up my Nancy skirt and got it done.
Heavyritefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 06:59 PM   #16

Nice dirt bike, pretty much everyone else in my cycle-sport club has a KTM 2-stroke. I looked into a V-Strom a few years ago, but after witnessing how little respect people in this area have for motorcyclists...I'll stay on the dirt.

Quote:
Ya I know what you mean I'm 40 minutes east of Toronto just outside of oshawa. Like the Ganaraska forest only 25 minutes away from my house, would like to get an adventure bike but don't have the time for it and money. I'll just use my 09 Ktm 300 xc for another couple of years. Love trail riding and going to the track occasionally.