Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-10-2018, 04:06 PM   #11

My DW is alergic to all legumes (peanuts, soy, lentils, and beans in general), so sometimes finding a verity of snacks can get challenging.

Our standard go to items, seasonal fruits, such as strawberries, raspberries, grapes, and the like.

We also commonly bring a long a block of cheese and crackers. We do and lot of hikes, and these things pack nicely. There is usually some granola bars or the like, in the tt.

Historically we have had popcorn too, but our son has braces, and loves it, so we leave it at home, so not to torture him.

Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 04:29 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
My DW is alergic to all legumes (peanuts, soy, lentils, and beans in general), so sometimes finding a verity of snacks can get challenging.
Interesting side story. With my daughter, we have been extremely careful of all nuts since her diagnosis. We've only had a few reactions over the years, generally due to accidental cross contamination.

2 Thanksgivings ago, we were sitting on the couch watching TV and pulled out a brand new bag of baked chips with a big label stating "peanut and tree nut free". Well my daughter ate the first chip and immediately starting screaming and within a few seconds went in to full blown anaphylaxis. So, we hit her with her epipen and took her to the hospital as we always do after a severe reaction.

Sure enough, the chips had lentil flower in them. Foolish us for not seeing that in the ingredients but didn't realize at the time how severe of a reaction she could have to all legumes.

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote