Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-02-2014, 01:11 AM   #11

Oh, and the running lights were easily fixed. It was a blown fuse on my truck. I thought I was checking the right fuses, but, I wasn't.

So, the running lights are working fine now also. I am good for the season... now just to find some free weekends to get out and about!

dedwards63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:59 AM   #12

I was going to suggest the same thing about increasing the amperage to 45AMPS. It should be the same amperage as your converter/charger is capable of producing.

Each battery in your bank will want to draw 18-20AMPS of DC Current when you hit them with your BULK CHARGING voltage (14.4VDC).

If you have two batteries in your battery bank then your on-board converter/charger should be the 45AMP model and of course should also be a SMART MODE type charger system. The SMART MODE 45AMP Converter/Charger model will re-charge your two batteries in a quick three hour charge time.

replacing the in-line fuse with a auto reset circuit breaker is a great idea. Most new trailers come out with auto reset breakers now it seems...

Roy Ken

RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:50 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedwards63 View Post
So far so good! Bottom line is that it could have been a little low on some battery fluid, but more than likely I was just under-protected with the 30 amp fuse and probably should have had at least a 40 amp to handle the startup load that the generator was pushing???

We shall see...
If the start spec is 30 amp then you could either have a bad starter or a loose or dirty connection somewhere if it is drawing more than it's supposed to.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:53 PM   #14

blown fuse near battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedwards63 View Post
Oh, and the running lights were easily fixed. It was a blown fuse on my truck. I thought I was checking the right fuses, but, I wasn't.

So, the running lights are working fine now also. I am good for the season... now just to find some free weekends to get out and about!
I have the same issue exactly, on my T24Z OCTANE 2014....not everytime, but most of the time I use my onboard generator, it blows the fuse near my batteries. it seems to do so when it shuts off. then absolutely nothing works even with generator power, until I replace that fuse. it does not charge the battery when this is happening...sometimes everything works great...it is a mystery for sure and my local dealer put new batteries in it, 2 weeks later, I fire up the generator, then turn it off, and bam blown fuse again.

I am intrigued by the auto-resetting 40amp breaker, it just seems as though sometimes, there is a surge after the generator is shut off, sometimes there is not.
bnewbold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 07:21 AM   #15

Just curious, did this fix your issue? I have a brand new 2016 Octane SL that I literally just towed home, and the inline fuse blows instantly. Even without being plugged in or without any outside input. Super frustrating! Off to the dealer!
Rvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 09:45 PM   #16

Power problems

Mine seemed to be a pretty straightforward fix, the converter is shorted out. Thankful for the warranty!

Rvan is offline   Reply With Quote