Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-01-2021, 10:54 PM   #1

Modifications to Octane 161

I wanted to talk about the changes I have made to my 161 Octane.
When we bought it we knew there was not enough storage inside or outside, so here is how we solved those problems.
Outside I bought a storage box from Tractor supply that stores all set up items.
Inside I installed kitchen wall cabinets on top of the wheel wells on both sides, two 33 x 42 by the door and two 24 x 30 by the fridge with the tv above them.
These now store all our clothes and food.
I flipped the bathroom door over so it opens from the other side and this gave more privacy when the trailer door is open.
When we bought the trailer we took out the couches and table supplied by Jayco and stored them, this left a big open area that we use as a living room with Gravity lawn chairs and flip up tables attached to the walls.
Our changes are documented on video on you tube (search "jayco octane 161 modifications" author ="k walton"
I have the couch's that I woud like to sell if anyone wants them- never sat on.
What other changes have people made to their trailer?
Attached Thumbnails
20190830_130914.jpg   20210430_084339.jpg   20210430_084355.jpg   20210430_084622.jpg  
Camping man is offline   Reply With Quote