Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-31-2022, 06:06 AM   #1

8" pioneer infotainment and cameras

Hi Everyone, I finally bought a toad to tow behind the rv. I have a 2021 prestige 36H and I know some ppl have configured the cameras so the rear view camera or all three cameras are visible full time. I particularly like the idea of behing able to monitor the towed vehicle. Having all three cameras visibleat the same time would be a big help backing up or atleast be able to turn one of the side cameras on or the other while reversing. Is this possible with the infotainment system and if so what do I do?
ianpemb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 12:43 PM   #2

ianpemb,

If you use the search function on this class A forum you should be able to find several examples:

Mark's Upgrades to a 2021 Precept 34G
I think most of the good info is on page 5.

Camera monitor suggestions anyone?

Replace Infotainment System In Precept 31UL

I am interested in doing the same mod to our 34G, however I haven't really researched it enough yet to order anything. The two main annoyances are:
  1. The location of the stock infotainment unit which requires me to really take my eyes off the road to see the screen
  2. When using navigation and I need to use the turn signal, it shows the camera instead of the navigation. Sometimes this is annoying when I have a turn coming up and then I can't see which street/ramp to take!
I'll report back if I get closer to making a decision...I hope you do the same!

RV: 2023 Jayco Precept 34G
TV: 2023 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Altitude
LakeKlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 06:58 PM   #3

I don't know if you can have all three cameras display at once but if scroll down the menu on the left side of the screen and hit camera your rear camera will display all the time. It will still change to side cameras when the turn signals are activated and go back to rear camera automatically. Same with the radio functions if you change stations or volume the radio will display briefly the change back to the rear camera.
johnsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 08:08 AM   #4

Perfect I’ll try that!
Thanks
Old 11-07-2022, 07:13 PM   #5

Ok, it’s not often I answer my own question but since this is my first rv I didn’t feel comfortable winterizing my first year so I took it to a local rv dealer. Long story short I picked it up today and when I got in the rv to take it home the infotainment monitor had a steady stream of the rear view camera. That view stayed on the screen for the 20min drive home. When I used the turn signals the screen would switch to that camera and then return to view the rear camera again. This is almost what I was looking for but I’ll take it! On a side note, the dealer I was talking about is The Hitch House located about 15 minutes north of Barrie Ontario Canada. I have taken my mh there twice for service even though I didn’t buy the mh from a dealer . They are very professional and I can’t say enough about them. I have attempted to deal with other dealers one of them a Jayco dealer and I had to give up trying. The only live person you can talk to is a receptionist who is very polite as she transfers you to what ever dept you are looking for only to get an answering machine telling you they are very busy and may not return your call for several days and to email for a faster reply. No return phone calls or emails after multiple attempts . Not so with hitch house. They answer the phone they return phone calls and are first class all the way. I will buy my next rv from them and if your ever driving through central Ontario Canada and need emergency service look them up.