Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-26-2020, 09:39 AM   #1

Jayco recall 20-21

Got this in an email today

U.S. Department of Transportation National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
Your vehicle MAY be involved in a safety recall and MAY create a safety risk for you or your passengers. If left unrepaired, a potential safety defect could lead to injury or even death. Safety defects must be repaired by a dealer at no cost to you.

Why am I getting this email?
You are receiving this message because you requested to be notified by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) if there is a safety recall that may affect your vehicle.

The following may apply to one or more of your vehicles if your vehicle is listed below. Click on the NHTSA Recall ID Number below to read more about the safety issue and the reason for the recall.

To find out if your specific passenger vehicle is included in the recall, use our VIN Look-up Tool.

NHTSA Recall ID Number : 20V667
Manufacturer : Jayco, Inc.
Subject : Engine Cover Does Not Have Proper Insulation
Make Model Model Years
ENTEGRA VISION 2020-2021
ENTEGRA VISION XL 2020-2021
JAYCO ALANTE 2020-2021
JAYCO PRECEPT 2020-2021
JAYCO PRECEPT PRESTIGE 2020-2021
Deburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 02:24 PM   #2

Our 2019 Precept Prestige had nothing but black paint wonder
if they will expand it
Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 03:24 PM   #3

Yes, we did. We did not claim the bent frame. Our trailer slid sideways into a pipe punching a hole in the side near the front. No way was the impact hard enough to bend the frame and we think the frame had been bent on a pothole during the previous trip.
USAA covered it anyway

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 04:13 PM   #4
Site Team

New member GMan215 has reported a recall that is related to this:

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...all-81956.html
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 08:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deburn View Post

U.S. Department of Transportation National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
Your vehicle MAY be involved in a safety recall and MAY create a safety risk for you or your passengers. If left unrepaired, a potential safety defect could lead to injury or even death. Safety defects must be repaired by a dealer at no cost to you.

You are receiving this message because you requested to be notified by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) if there is a safety recall that may affect your vehicle.

The following may apply to one or more of your vehicles if your vehicle is listed below. Click on the NHTSA Recall ID Number below to read more about the safety issue and the reason for the recall.

To find out if your specific passenger vehicle is included in the recall, use our VIN Look-up Tool.

Make Model Model Years
ENTEGRA VISION 2020-2021
JAYCO ALANTE 2020-2021
JAYCO PRECEPT 2020-2021
Interesting. I have not received this for our 2020 Precept. But we sure have a hot doghouse...it cooled a little after the yellow basket protector was removed from the intake. But still will melt a pack of chewing gum....
redfernj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 12:28 PM   #6

We received the recall for our 2021 Precept 34B in January
yankeejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 12:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deburn View Post

Make Model Model Years
ENTEGRA VISION 2020-2021
JAYCO ALANTE 2020-2021
JAYCO PRECEPT 2020-2021
Our VIN for our 2020 Precept shows no recall currently. Frustrating because doghouse is continually hot after about 50 miles or so of driving on interstate.
Old 01-31-2021, 09:33 AM   #8

Does anyone know if it is possible to install your own insulation under the doghouse? Mine also feels pretty hot when travelling. Other things: the dashboard seems to vibrate quite a lot; the horn is very loud in the cockpit when sounded; the slide out tray on the passenger side vibrates out toward the passenger while travelling. Annoyances!
Tumbleweed99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 05:20 PM   #9

Someone posted a year ago about removing the dog house cover and installing their own insulation...said it was a real pain as you also had to remove the dash cover....it did cut down on the heat and also engine noise. We have same problem with the work desk tray on passenger side in our Precept 31 UL...Dealer tightened it up but it has since jiggled loose again...Definitely an annoyance...and the tray is not that useful.
Old 01-31-2021, 05:21 PM   #10

Our vin # on our 2020 Precept is not covered in the recall. I have filed a complaint.
Old 02-01-2021, 05:58 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed99 View Post
Does anyone know if it is possible to install your own insulation under the doghouse? Mine also feels pretty hot when travelling. Other things: the dashboard seems to vibrate quite a lot; the horn is very loud in the cockpit when sounded; the slide out tray on the passenger side vibrates out toward the passenger while travelling. Annoyances!

Absolutely.... here's what I did.... https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...34g-81805.html

Good luck, Mark
Old 02-01-2021, 08:35 AM   #12

Mark, thanks.... I am reviewing your improvements and plan on implementing a few in my Precept... Hoping for a summer of memories on the road!
Tumbleweed99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 09:05 AM   #13

Our local dealer had already made the modification. What a change. Originally, with outside ambient at 92 degrees, the cover was 144+ degrees.

Somewhere, I read that temp is unacceptable by US standards. Anyhow, we can't keep coffee warm there anymore but we got over it cause our feet don't get burned anymore.
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 01:32 PM   #14

I got mine done Friday couldn’t tell you about the heat factor 25 degrees here but I did notice the road noise was quieter.
Deburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 03:13 PM   #15

who did you file a complaint with? My vin shows no recall as well
Limpin Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 04:05 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limpin Lizard View Post
who did you file a complaint with? My vin shows no recall as well
Try running the VIN of the Jayco unit, not the VIN of the Ford chassis.
JK31 is offline   Reply With Quote