Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-13-2023, 07:52 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by youracman View Post
I have read quite a bit on the forum re slideout problems ...... mostly to do with rollers/bearings it seems. I am convinced I am going to have to get educated on this topic, cut some access holes, etc. Seems like parrott has been a trailblazer for us.....at least those with 31ULs.

Being an absolute newbie to the 31UL, I am not even sure I have a problem but the travel path the driver's side fwd (kitchen) slide takes on the way out is pretty "wild" IMHO but maybe normal? I have attached a pic of the slide at the point in its travel where it is just about ready to "break over" and become plumb. Once plumb/vertical, it seems to move along just fine, BTW. (I do level prior to slide operation.) SOoooo, have I got a problem? I bought this unit from the PPL consignment lot in Houston about Dec 1, 2022 and only used the BR slide on the 3-day trip home to Denver. It had 2500 miles on it when I left the lot (the previous owners had not even removed the blue tape from the fridge drawers and there were still stickers/protective film that hadn't been removed! Of course, we all know "sitting for a couple of years" ain't a good thing, but it seems unlikely that I have a roller problem with so few miles and so few slide operations.

I suppose I need to get on a ladder and put some slide seal lube along the top edge and sides but it seems unlikely to me that the top sealing surface would not free up after once broken loose. But this travel path repeats (I have done it about 4 times now but have yet to run it all the way out.)

I'm "all ears" so thanks for your thoughts.
The kitchen side slide does teeter at the top coming in and going out.
Old 02-13-2023, 08:10 PM   #22

Thanks, Parrott-

After operating the slide a few more times, it seems to be a bit smoother and quieter than it was earlier, and yes, it is a bit teter-totter like over its initial travel. I'm thinking I am concerned about nothing as the motor(s) do not seem to be laboring at all. SOooo, time to use it, but keep and eye on it ........ especially the rollers.
Toad: 2016 Kia Soul w/6-spd DIY
"Be the person you needed when you were younger"
youracman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 05:35 AM   #23

Our 31UL had the same cabinet dragging problem. The dealer could not find anything wrong. I even bought a camera to snake under the kitchen cabinets to watch the rollers during operation and could not see anything wrong. I did loosen the tension on the awning over the slide and that helped keep the cabinet off the counter. I also would push the top as the slide extended. I don't like the slide mechanism on that slide. I had an Itasca with 3 slides that used the same mechanism as the bedroom slide on the 31UL. Never had a problem with that type in 10 years.
Jjk0091 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide out issue.