Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-13-2018, 05:43 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayersZ28 View Post
Curious why you'd bother with the probe tank sensors as they're unreliable. My blk/gry are only good when I just emptied and flushed the tanks, otherwise the readings are bogus. I had made a sensor that treated the tank as the capacitor in an oscillator that was tied to an 8266 board. Worked on my bench but not in the trailer. Waiting for some parts from eBay to try another method. Buying a SeaLevel system is just too easy.
Using the tank as a capacitor is an innovative idea, however as the water or waste is essentially the electrolyte, I would think the fluctuations in the PH within the contents would affect the readings. What about a sonar probe that measures the echo from the surface of the waste? Cool project, I hope you get it working.

I trust the sensors because I keep my tanks clean and I never had an issue to date. I wish the tank levels had more granularity but that a project for another time. My goal for next season is to centralize and automate as many things as I can using the OneControl system. I may branch out and install a smart home system but for now I just want to get OneControl built up.
Shackrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 11:50 PM   #22

Unhappy Sad news..

It’s been a while since my last update on this project which was put aside for the holidays and what has been a very long winter. This update however comes with some sad news that I feel is worth sharing.

Today I received the news that my contact at Lippert and friend, Bryan passed away unexpectedly back in early December, at the age of 40. Without Bryan’s generous support and assistance on this project it would never have gone as far, or have been as successful as it has been. My interactions with Bryan quickly went from sharing technical details to sharing campsite photos and our respective camping plans for 2019. Unlike many who work in the RV industry, Bryan was an avid RV’er like the rest of us here and truly understood what us users go through with our rigs. That alone is a loss for us all.

I’m not giving up on this project. I owe that much to Bryan for everything he did to advance this project. I regret that he wont be able to see it complete.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:46 PM   #23

Thanks for all the info in this thread. Sorry to hear about Bryan's passing. I have been reading this thread for a while and registered today. I don't own a Jayco but have a have a 2019 Highland Ridge Open Range 3X. Highland Ridge is owned by Jayco. It has the Ground Control 3.0 leveling system with a 5" touchscreen (canbus). I purchased a wifi gateway from eBay and installed it this past weekend. This thread has been a help in figuring out what I needed to do.

Here some other sources of parts:
- the canbus connectors are Molex Mini-fit jr connectors. Molex sells premade cables in 0.5, 1 & 2M lengths. I got a 2M cable (Molex p/n 2451350220) from arrow.com for under $6 shipped

- the power connector is a Amp/TE Mate-N-lok p/n 1-480318-0 (I got them from Mouser).

Now I am looking to get a 8 circuit board to integrate some slide/awning/lights. I would also like to get the tank level monitor.
acamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 12:19 PM   #24

Glad I could help! Hold off on the 8 channel module if you can. I've got a new contact at Lippert who I may be working with to test a new lighting control module. This other module uses digital inputs from switches so you can still use the exiting wired wall switches (if you have them) in addition to the OneControl app and 5"or 7" panel to control them.

I don't know how soon it will be at this point but I'm hoping that I can get that project started with Lippert sometime in April.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:36 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shackrat View Post
Glad I could help! Hold off on the 8 channel module if you can. I've got a new contact at Lippert who I may be working with to test a new lighting control module. This other module uses digital inputs from switches so you can still use the exiting wired wall switches (if you have them) in addition to the OneControl app and 5"or 7" panel to control them.

I don't know how soon it will be at this point but I'm hoping that I can get that project started with Lippert sometime in April.
I have switches for everything. No automation at all. Looking forward for more info on the lighting controller. Interested to see how the lighting controller utilizes existing lighting switches.

If I want to automate the slides and awnings, I think i still need the multi-function controller. In LCI TI-174 pages 6 & 8 show how to wire manual (wall) switches into the multi-function receivers. I am looking to automate some of the slides. It requires some rewiring. The power to the switches comes from the controller.

Link to LCI TI-174: https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/..._Receivers.pdf

Old 04-04-2019, 02:53 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shackrat View Post

Just came accross this thread. I am sorry to hear about Bryan's passing. That truly is a big loss for you and the entire RV Industry as a whole.

I have an Eagle 355mbqs. I believe I have the smaller 5 inch screen with 5 channels. This is where I am confused because I am able to control my 4 slides, 3.0 Leveling System, 1 of 2 awnings, and 1 of 2 awning lights. In my mind, that is 7 channels. Am I mistaken that maybe I have the 8 channel system or is one channel able to control multiple functions? Overall, I am happy with what the system does, I just wish that it was setup to do more and is exciting to see where this goes in the future. For example, I really wish I could control the 2nd awning and awning light. Maybe control my interior lights, and I like the idea of being able to control the bathroom fan from the panel. I really want these options to be able to control them through the LCI One Control App on my phone. I'll be following to possible do some upgrades myself in the future. Really interested to see what comes of the new lighting control module. Thank you for putting all of this together and sharing.
mghill77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 09:23 AM   #27

I've determined that I do have an 8 channel system with the 5 inch screen. My slides are on Ports F1, F2, F3, and F7. My awning is on F4 and my awning light is on LT which appears to be dedicated to just lighting??? I've not determined how the Leveling system is actually tied into this, possibly through the External SW1, SW2, & SW3???

I tried to hookup my second awning to F6 by moving the wiring from the physical switch over to the controller and then ran another set of wires from the controller to the switch. By doing this it still allowed me to operated the awning with the physical switch but nothing through the One Control Panel or App on the phone. I'm assuming this would need setup and configured somehow but I'm not sure how to go about doing that. I'm still trying to figure out how CANBUS works. Do I need to have some sort of receiver on the awning side of the wiring to make this work through the one-control panel?
Old 04-05-2019, 09:53 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mghill77 View Post
I've determined that I do have an 8 channel system with the 5 inch screen. My slides are on Ports F1, F2, F3, and F7. My awning is on F4 and my awning light is on LT which appears to be dedicated to just lighting??? I've not determined how the Leveling system is actually tied into this, possibly through the External SW1, SW2, & SW3???

I tried to hookup my second awning to F6 by moving the wiring from the physical switch over to the controller and then ran another set of wires from the controller to the switch. By doing this it still allowed me to operated the awning with the physical switch but nothing through the One Control Panel or App on the phone. I'm assuming this would need setup and configured somehow but I'm not sure how to go about doing that. I'm still trying to figure out how CANBUS works. Do I need to have some sort of receiver on the awning side of the wiring to make this work through the one-control panel?

The leveling system communicates via the Canbus. When you change the functions of the outputs on the multi-channel receiver, the. need to be reconfigured. I believe you can do it by pressing the top left corner, of the touchscreen, 5 times you can get into the setup mode.
Old 04-05-2019, 04:35 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by acamato View Post
The leveling system communicates via the Canbus. When you change the functions of the outputs on the multi-channel receiver, the. need to be reconfigured. I believe you can do it by pressing the top left corner, of the touchscreen, 5 times you can get into the setup mode.
Excellent! That did get me into the configuration menu. I was able to program the 2nd awning but it won't let me set which fuse to use. I have tried selecting all fuses 1 through 4 and try to set it but it fails every time. I'm now baffled why that is. I did verify the 2nd awning will work by moving the wiring for it over to the function port that the first awning is on. I feel like I'm close but it now has me wandering if this is a limit of the system and why it won't let me do it. I also tried to do a "configure circuits" but I got nowhere with that and really am not sure what that function is for either.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thank you for the help.
Old 04-07-2019, 09:27 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mghill77 View Post
Excellent! That did get me into the configuration menu. I was able to program the 2nd awning but it won't let me set which fuse to use. I have tried selecting all fuses 1 through 4 and try to set it but it fails every time. I'm now baffled why that is. I did verify the 2nd awning will work by moving the wiring for it over to the function port that the first awning is on. I feel like I'm close but it now has me wandering if this is a limit of the system and why it won't let me do it. I also tried to do a "configure circuits" but I got nowhere with that and really am not sure what that function is for either.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thank you for the help.
take a look at Page 7 of the Programming Manual: https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...CD_0001736.pdf
Old 04-30-2019, 08:13 PM   #31

Exclamation HUGE Discovery

It’s been a while since there has been any movement on this project. I’ve not had much contact with the Lippert team since Brian passed away. It appears my new contact at Lippert isn’t as invested in my project as Brian was. At this point I am probably on my own to finish.

It’s too bad as I was supposed to be testing their new digital lighting module with virtual switch inputs and RGB controls. At this point to keep things moving forward, I’ll probably use some Lightify or Hue light strips for my porch light replacement.

I did make a HUGE DISCOVERY tonight. The OneControl gateway is running OpenHab, which is a home automation software package. I discovered this by checking the OneControl gateway logs and saw a lot of traffic from a specific IP. The really interesting part is most of my CAN modules have been automatically added and I’m able to control things. Missing are the Ground Control and Slide Out control which makes sense from a safety standpoint.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A3AE421B-4E60-4D8D-A502-42F3199621EE.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	49264

Before he passed, Brian teased that IDS (Lippert) was working to bring Home Automation technology to OneControl. I guess I finally stumbled upon what Brian was never able to tell me before he passed.
Old 04-30-2019, 09:09 PM   #32

I just have to ask...why? Seems like a lot more chances of something going wrong....

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 10:07 PM   #33

You will have to ask Lippert that one.

However, I can make an educated guess here and say that it’s a lot simpler to use an existing platform than continue to maintain a custom developed system. OpenHAB already has all of the required functions including a tiled user interface.

It looks like OpenHab is creating bindings to the existing CANBUS devices that are already part of the OneControl platform. It’s a smart strategy. I’m also guessing their intention is to replace the OneControl UI that runs on the 5” & 7” screens with the OpenHab tiled Web UI at some point in the future.

Personally I am all for this. OpenHab is a very open platform which allows users to install add-ons including Alexa and Google voice.
Old 05-03-2019, 03:41 PM   #34

I have been following this post for a while, and started receiving some of the equipment. I have been able to connect to the hub and access via the onecontrol app, but I have not figured out how to get into the settings on the hub. Do you know if there is a default user name and password?

So far I have the hub, leveling, and generator. Looking to start on some lighting modules.

Thanks for starting this thread.
Ron.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:52 PM   #35

Congratulations on joining me in my DIY OneControl project! You’ve made some considerable progress too!

The login for the gateway should be root for the username and admin for the password.

That’s what worked for me.
Old 05-04-2019, 07:46 AM   #36

I don't know if this will help any, but this is what's in the basement of my North Point. There is also a separate controller for the leveling system. I can control everything with the OneControl app. My new Seismic has all of these, plus 2nd awning, generator etc..., so it must have an even bigger controller, or two of them.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_20190504-082809_Gallery.jpg   Screenshot_20190504-082824_Gallery.jpg  
MontyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 06:37 PM   #37

Hey Guys thanks for sharing all this info, I just upgrade my 2015 Bullet Premier Camper, I was able to get all the parts need it to put MyRV OneControl Together, half the parts I got off Lippert and some off Ebay, Screen is on, Tank Relay its on, and the Getaway router is on, I had to figure out myself how to wire can bus wires , only problem is now I ordered the 8 Multi Function Board to control my 2 sliders and 1 Awning, the only problem is my OneControl Screen won't detect it, I applied power and wire the can bus properly but nothing happens, I sent a message to the ebay seller and he sent me another one, and still the same, when you HIT the Lippert logo 5x to go on advanced setup it will reads all the devices you have, my 8 Multi Function board does not show up, do I need a remote control for the first setup? There is a button for sync on the board, do I need to samething to activate the canbus? it makes a click sound when I turn it on but does not show on my system so I can setup the outputs.

Thanks
Manny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 06:47 PM   #38

If you can find a new 2019 Prevost coach you could take a look at it’s controller.
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 07:25 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyRV View Post
I don't know if this will help any, but this is what's in the basement of my North Point. There is also a separate controller for the leveling system. I can control everything with the OneControl app. My new Seismic has all of these, plus 2nd awning, generator etc..., so it must have an even bigger controller, or two of them.
Is that a Lippert part? Does it work with OneControl?

Thanks
Old 05-10-2019, 10:55 AM   #40

Project is now complete

https://youtu.be/uklFjmKNSno