Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-26-2023, 02:56 PM   #1

Question How to Connect to Go Power Prep

Good afternoon Jayco friends. I am looking for some semi-specific advice. I have a 2022 Jay Feather Micro 171BH with some options, including the Solar Package and solar prep from Go Power at the front of the frame. It looks like a simple plug-and-play connection. Now the fun part...

I wanted to make sure that I had the right connections to plug a portable solar panel into the Go Power connection. I found a great deal on the E. Flex-Core 200W Portable Solar Panel set from Renogy. I was told that it would work fine. However, after talking to Renogy and Go Power after I bought the panels, I am hearing all types of differing opinions on if the panels are even compatible and if I need an additional solar charge controller just for the portable panels and one person said I need to plug the panels directly onto the batteries with alligator clips.

One person at Renogy said the panels have a built-in charge controller and another said it does not need one as they are not intended to be connected to an RV. They are only to be used as external charging panels, such as plugging your Phone or Tablet into them. I have looked at the model info online and it does not show any type of charge controller as part of the panels. (The panels have not arrived yet...)

I am hoping that I can find a connector that will allow me to plug the Renogy panels into the Go Power prep and the existing solar charge controller will control the 200W portable panels along with the 190W on the roof. Can anyone confirm any of this? Thanks!

Hope everyone is having a great holiday with family and friends.
Cheers,
Andy
McMullap is offline   Reply With Quote