Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-14-2015, 03:19 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKGperson View Post
We purchased the 12 Volt Jensen 32" LED from Camping World while it was on sale for $397. I installed it last weekend and the picture is impressive even with it connected to the head unit with composite cables.

I'm currently installing a fully articulating mounting bracket so we can watch it while setting in the dinette. I also found a very small BluRay player that just barely fits in the left drawer below the TV. It's 120 Volt so I'm looking for a small pure sine wave inverter to power it while dry camping during quiet hours.

Ken
Hey Ken, do you mind sharing the info on the blu ray player?

Thanks,
Jeremy

jaycojls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 03:21 PM   #12

We also bought a Roku Stick that will plug directly into one of the TV's HDMI ports so we can watch streaming video over Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.

2015 White Hawk 25BHS w/Outdoor Kitchen
2015 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD Z71 4x4 Duramax
1985 Coleman Sequoia Tent Trailer
AKGperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 03:53 PM   #13

Jeremy, it is an LG BP-340. Here it is on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics.../dp/B00IAELTKI

You'll need to buy an HDMI cable with a 90 degree connector on one end to make it fit. I temporarily hooked it up to the 12 Volt Jensen TV and was very pleased with the picture quality.

By the way, I just read some of the reviews on Amazon and it appears it has problems with Netflix. That doesn't brother me because we will be streaming Netflix through the Roku Stick.

Bottom Line - we bought it because of the size.

Ken

Old 03-14-2015, 05:40 PM   #14

Thanks Ken...
jaycojls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 08:55 AM   #15

Just pull the fuse at the battery when not using the RV.. much easier and cheaper than installing a switch..
215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 11:08 AM   #16

Cheaper, yes - easier, no. It's a lot easier to flip a disconnect switch than to remove the battery case strap, remove the cover, remove the fuse, reinstall the cover, and reinstall the strap. One vs five steps. Plus, I don't like removing and reinstalling anything that is not meant to be routinely removed & reinstalled.

Old 03-15-2015, 12:11 PM   #17

Hmmm, my fuse is outside my battery box and very easy to get to. However, I am still going to install a switch. I don't mind the expense if it makes sense to ensure things are hassle free.
2008 Arctic Cat M1000 SnoPro
Previous: Northface tent/Komfort 5er/Jamboree MH
Lance Cabover/Prowler TT/WildernessTT/Tiltin Hiltin Cabover/Starcraft popup
NVGun40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 04:00 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVGun40 View Post
Having just took delivery of our new TT in January, I will state first that we love the new rig. So far everything is a far cry from the rig I owned over ten years ago. However, there is one aspect I do not like. Perhaps I am missing something but here goes.
The entertainment system (stereo/CD/DVD player) has a constant power draw. Meaning, even when turned off, there is a red LED light on the power button, and the LCD screen displays the time and has a faint blue background light. Now I know this requires power. Originally, when I brought the rig home and parked it (since it is fully winterized). I did not disconnect the batteries, (it has two large deep cycle), and I did not plug it into shore power. I did this based on recommendations from the dealership, since they informed me and showed me they utilize small size standard car batteries while the new RV's sit on the lot. I figure if they can handle it, two full size deep cycle batteries should be good for a few months.
Well, I went out couple of days ago to put away a few more supplies, and the batteries are dead. We have been having a small cold snap for a few days (6 below zero today) and I know cold temperatures can weaken a battery extremely fast. Needless to say, I plugged the rig in to shore power now.

My question is this: is there a way to shut power off to the entertainment system completely, without having to disconnect the batteries?

After all the entire rig is outfitted with LED lights and everything seems built for low power usage, but I am thinking, even while camping (I like camping in out of the way places without hook ups), I should be able to cancel power to the entertainment system completely, like when I am not in the trailer or at night when we are sleeping. During extended camping trips every little bit of power savings helps.

Thanks in advance
if you don't use radio much I would just pull fuse for it

WHERE EVER YOU GO....THERE YOU ARE
dennis b is offline   Reply With Quote