Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-05-2017, 08:14 AM   #1

Refrigerator not working on gas

Hello,
I am new here. Just bought a 2017 octane 265 toy hauler last month. We have made 2 trips so far. We have however found a problem with our refrigerator. Our first trip after switching to gas it took about 5 times to get it lit. I read some on here and figured it had air in the line and that was normal. We had hookups our first weekend so didn't worry about the gas the rest the weekend. Then our second trip same thing happened when I went to switch to gas. It wouldnt light. This time it took about 10 times switching it off and on after the lights would start flashing. This trip we we're bookdocking and fought this the whole weekend. It would stay lit for about 2 hours then I would find it not working and the on and gas lights flashing. It would take another 10 times or so of on and off to finally get it lit. I can hear the igniter clicking when trying to start and occasionally a popping noise like it is trying to start but doesnt. It is a brand new unit and of course we can't get it in for over a month to get it looked at. I am hoping it is simply something out of adjustment since it is new. Any help is appreciated.
Octane265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 08:22 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Are you lighting the stove for a few minutes before trying to light refrigerator?
I would also look at flame. There is usually a thermocouple that sits in a position that when flame lights, it tells safety device that flame lit. If this is out of position, even if flame lights, it will shut off.

Doug

Cape Coral, Florida
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2022 Jayco 240RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 09:12 AM   #3

I have tried lighting the stove and that has not helped. I will look at the thermocouple. Are those adjustable?
Old 07-05-2017, 09:38 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane265 View Post
I have tried lighting the stove and that has not helped. I will look at the thermocouple. Are those adjustable?
Yes,
Usually a bracket and set screw to adjust into flame.

If you have one, it should look like a tube about 1/8" in diameter. It will have a blunt end that is located near flame position.

D.

Cape Coral, Florida
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2022 Jayco 240RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:09 PM   #5

Just thought I would follow up for anyone else with this problem on a new trailer. I think I got it working. I bent the little L looking piece that Sparks to light the flame so it was in the middle of where the flame is. It was toawrds one end of the burner. So far it lights on the first spark. Before it would take at least 10 times of shutting the fridge on and off. Glad it was an easy fix.