Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-28-2018, 06:26 AM   #1

Thumbs up 1st Trip with Good Year and MoRryde

We just returned from our first trip with our new Good Year Endurance tires and MoRryde heavy duty bolt kit upgrade. I upgraded the tires to D load. I set them at their max cold psi, 65. I installed the wet bolt suspension upgrade kit, including shackle straps. Both the tires and the suspension kit look and feel beefier.

The Good Years are obviously a better built and better looking tire over the Jayco China bombs that had turned orange (?).

The MoRryde bolt kit is made with far superior grade materials/steel with brass sleeves/bushings. The parts are heavier and much better tooled than the Jayco/LCI crud that I removed (cheap metal, plastic bushings, less substantial grade steel, non-serviceable).

The trailer swayed less. The trailer bounced and "hucked" less. The trailer tracked better in cornering and lane shifting. The trailer chassis/suspension made less noise in travel and in camp. The trailer was more stable in camp. The trailer looks better. The trailer smells better when sitting by it in camp; the China bombs emitted a rank odor that was a palpable combination of pesticide, mothballs, and acid gut or rotted tooth breath.

I am very glad that we made the upgrades!
FeatherFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 06:33 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeatherFam View Post
The trailer swayed less. The trailer bounced less. The trailer tracked better in cornering and lane shifting. The trailer chassis/suspension made less noise in travel and in camp.
The trailer was more stable in camp. The trailer looks better. The trailer smells better when sitting by it in camp; the China bombs emitted a rank odor that was a palpable combination of pesticide, mothballs, and acid gut or rotted tooth breath.

I am very glad that we made the upgrades!
So from your assessment, we can assume you like it?
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 06:45 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
So from your assessment, we can assume you like it?
Indeed. To be sure. I have added these products to a growing list of components and features for our dream unit of the future!

I will spend the money upfront next time and save myself some time and spare myself some consternation.
Old 07-28-2018, 07:36 AM   #4
Site Team

Did you look into purchasing only the shackles and bolts?

I am having the Never fail bushing installed on mine next week but I don't want the kit that comes with the brass, greasable shackle bushings.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2442.jpg  
Gator roll-up bed cover
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Old 07-28-2018, 07:42 AM   #5

Quote:
Did you look into purchasing only the shackles and bolts?

I am having the Never fail bushing installed on mine next week but I don't want the kit that comes with the brass, greasable shackle bushings.
Yes, I did only purchase the heavy duty bolt kit. I kept the Lippert Equa-Flex equalizers. I would like to upgrade to the MoRryde 3000 equalizer, but that will be another day. The Equa-Flexes have a lot of life left in them. I just wanted to get rid of the plastic bushings, get the heavier leaf straps, brass bushings, and wet bolts.

Why do you not care for the "wet bolts" and brass bushings? I looked at the Never-Fail bushings, but I guess I was wary of the polymer bushings, and I wanted the heavier straps that come in the MoRryde kit. But a lot of people really like the Never-Fail bushings. I went back and forth on the decision.
Old 07-28-2018, 07:48 AM   #6

Kudos on the upgrades. Sounds like they have made quite an improvement. Cheers!

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 07:53 AM   #7
Site Team

I installed the wet bolt kit on my last rig, when I could still do it and I never could get a couple of them to take grease. I had them positioned as the instructions specified. I since learned they recommend jacking the wheels off the ground when greasing. I do not want to do that.

My current rig has the CRE3000 but the shackle straps are thinner and I did like the size of the kit I purchased before. Where did you get it?

I don't think I have time to order it cause I take it in in 4 days but If I can find one locally I would have it done at the same time.
Gator roll-up bed cover
Old 07-28-2018, 07:59 AM   #8

Quote:
I installed the wet bolt kit on my last rig, when I could still do it and I never could get a couple of them to take grease. I had them positioned as the instructions specified. I since learned they recommend jacking the wheels off the ground when greasing. I do not want to do that.

My current rig has the CRE3000 but the shackle straps are thinner and I did like the size of the kit I purchased before. Where did you get it?

I don't think I have time to order it cause I take it in in 4 days but If I can find one locally I would have it done at the same time.
Interesting on the greasing problem and requirement. I must have missed that in the instructions. I will check it. Mine greased fine at instal, but I may have had the wheels off of the ground. If that is the case, they will get greased when I do the bearings.

I called MoRryde and spoke to a super helpful tech. He gave me the product number for my axles and I ordered them from Amazon. It was under $100 for tandem axle kit (wet bolts, bushings, and straps). These straps are twice (or more) as thick as the OE Lippert straps that I pulled. They are very substantial.
Old 07-28-2018, 09:05 AM   #9

You have my exact setup. I first replaced my China Bombs with the Goodyear tires. The weight difference and sidewall thickness between the tires was astounding. The Goodyear are leaps and bounds above the thin dissasters the trailer came with. The ride seemed much better and stable. Then I decided on the wet bolt kit, we already had the Moryde 3000 from the factory. I can’t attest to any ride change but piece of mind is worth it. One of my plastic factory bushings was nonexistent! Good work on all you mods lately, I’m sealing mine this week hopefully, it due.
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 09:10 AM   #10
Site Team

I just called etrailer about getting the straps only. I need 8 and the holes are
2 1/2 inches center to center The oe ones are 1/8 thick and show no wallowing. The new ones are twice as thick. Wondering if I will need new bolts?

I think I'll just take the bushings and if the shackles show wear, they can purchase them locally. The work is being done by a local place that works on rv suspensions, so they can likely get what's needed.

I don't have time to get them before I have to take it over there on Tuesday.
Gator roll-up bed cover
Old 07-28-2018, 10:26 AM   #11

Yeah, they should be able to replace the straps pretty easily. There is a significant difference between the OE and the MoRryde straps. Maybe, the RV fix it place will have access to a decent set for you. It's worth the peace of mind to get it done while they have it apart.
Old 07-28-2018, 10:32 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeatherFam View Post
Yeah, they should be able to replace the straps pretty easily. There is a significant difference between the OE and the MoRryde straps. Maybe, the RV fix it place will have access to a decent set for you. It's worth the peace of mind to get it done while they have it apart.
Agreed 100%...once I set the stock and upgrades side by side I was shocked. Not to mention one of my shackles had an oblong hole after only 2 years use.
Attached Thumbnails
740B9D18-AFF0-44CB-9275-9050FD0CEE32.jpg  
430 amp/hr 6v battery bank
1000w Renogy hard wired inverter
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Old 07-28-2018, 11:30 AM   #13
Site Team

So, I'm assuming that the bolts are 1/2 longer than the OE bolts?

Here’s mine today.
Attached Thumbnails
619FC2B4-A0C1-43D6-A4A4-368590153873.jpg  
Gator roll-up bed cover
Old 07-28-2018, 11:39 AM   #14

The bolts that came in the kit were pressed in on the head side to the shackles. Looking at that picture I’d assume you would be shy that much trying to use the old bolts. And the old bolts aren’t wet bolts, but maybe you don’t need those with your type of bushing? I’ve never dealt with those.
430 amp/hr 6v battery bank
1000w Renogy hard wired inverter
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Old 07-28-2018, 01:59 PM   #15

Agree with FeatherFam assessment on ride improvement and handling improvement as I have switched to Goodyear Endurance D load rated tires and the MoRryde wet bolt bolt upgrade plus I switched out the equalizers to the Lippert Equa-flex Tandem Axle Equalizers. Difference in ride is night and day much more smoother and quieter, should be a factory installed system in my opinion for both ride and feel much safer system.

I have also found that after my first trip I am going to need to reset the hitch as the trailer now appears to ride hitch up where as before it rode level or neutral. This will be interesting to see how much change I have in the hitch setup.

Here is a picture of Lippert and MoRryde setup on my TT.

Attached Thumbnails
20180723_181330.jpg  
TheB2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 03:05 PM   #16

Quote:

I have to unload the suspension to get the grease in but I figure I’ll do that each season so not too much grief. Discovered my Anderson jack worked pretty well, I could do one axle at a time by borrowing my neighbor’s jack. The jack doesn’t lift quite enough but a few 2x4’s turned the trick.
I seem to remember someone reported the never-lube bushings didn’t last very long. Keep us posted with how they fare.
My OE bushings and shackles were in pretty good shape when I removed them but I’d seen too many pics of worn out bushings and broken shackles to sleep soundly at night. There’s something gratifying about squirting grease into a movable part.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote