Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-10-2015, 10:17 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawasteve View Post
Payload is the concern with F150's. The Max Payload Package you are talking about is the "best in class payload" advertised in the Ford brochures, but you can't order the Max Payload Package in 2015. The Max Tow package adds about 400 lbs to payload and the Max Payload adds an additional 300 pounds to payload which brings the new F150's into 3/4 ton range. If you could get the Max Payload Package on a 2015 F150 it would give you more payload than an F250 with the 6.7 Diesel if they were both 4X4 Crew Cabs. I started looking this spring to order a new F150 with Max Payload and a 5.0L but they are not available in Canada and I have read on the Ford Forums that the HD Payload package is not available for 2015. The information that I received was that the Ecoboost still had the 3.55 rear end whereas the 5.0 got the 3.73 and there were additional HD front sway bar and different axles and wheels in the HD Payload Package. Apparently it is cost prohibitive to upgrade to HD Payload after purchase. All the advertising lists the maximums with trucks equipped with the Max Tow and HD Payload yet the trucks they are selling off the lot are nowhere near those capabilities.

That explains why I couldn't find a max payload, thanks for the info.

Still, it's interesting that the 2.7 Ecoboost payload upgrade (to 2200 pounds) only changes out the rear end. That's it.

Which, leads me to believe, the ratings for 1800 pounds are not about safety so much as they are about wear on the rear axle.

Zoony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 10:19 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seann45 View Post
Weight of all passengers and cargo in the truck and the weight of the RV as it pulls out of the driveway fully loaded and ready to go camping.. DRY WEIGHTS mean NOTHING.. as you will never tow the RV like that except maybe the day you bring it home from the dealer..
I was going off the gross of the trailer at 7250, so not sure what you mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru297 View Post
1760lbs is pretty respectable payload for a 1/2 ton.
Even if you load the trailer up to its 7250 GVWR your tongue weight will still be below 1000lbs. Your truck should handle that fine with your available payload.

Enjoy the trailer.

Thanks Subaru, looking forward to taking delivery on it and camping

Zoony is offline   Reply With Quote