Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-05-2012, 07:05 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasmnile View Post
snip...... They sell/recommend the Reese Pro Series SC WD hitch. Are you familiar with it?.....snip
Yes, the Reese SC (sway control) WDH is similar to the design of the Equal-i-zer brand WDH.., both have integrated sway control. The "Reese SC" WDH is one step down from the "Reese HP Dual Cam WDH" (Reese Strait Line WDH).

Please note: The Reese "Pro-Series" WDH is just a standard WDH (no integrated sway control).

If I had to choose between a "Reese SC" WDH and "Equal-i-zer" WDH, I would pick the Equal-i-zer...., but that's just me.

What ever brand/style WDH you select, make sure you watch the dealer tech install/adjust the WDH, and gather all the WDH documentation for future reference. The dealer tech (if he adjusts it correctly) will be setting up the WDH based on "unloaded" TV/TT weights..., the WDH will have to be adjusted one more time at a later date under TV/TT "loaded" conditions.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (integrated sway control)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:35 PM   #12

I have this with integrated active sway control from Husky[ATTACH][/ATTACH]

w/ active anti-sway
JAMMFAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:50 AM   #13

For simple peace of mind alone I would definitely recommend using a WDH hitch as they definitely assist in properly distributing the weight between the TV and trailer. You will get several recommendations from people as to the type or brand to buy so I would suggest that you do your research first before buying. I don't think you could go wrong with either the Equalizer or Reese dual cam, but then Husky makes a good product too. One thing is for sure, you definitely have a very capable TV.

2012 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Z-71, 6.0L, Crew Cab w/3.73's
2011 Jayco Jayflight Swift 26BH
33 Nights Camping so far in 2016
newrvguy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:59 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Eagle View Post
Yes, the Reese SC (sway control) WDH is similar to the design of the Equal-i-zer brand WDH.., both have integrated sway control. The "Reese SC" WDH is one step down from the "Reese HP Dual Cam WDH" (Reese Strait Line WDH).

Please note: The Reese "Pro-Series" WDH is just a standard WDH (no integrated sway control).

If I had to choose between a "Reese SC" WDH and "Equal-i-zer" WDH, I would pick the Equal-i-zer...., but that's just me.

What ever brand/style WDH you select, make sure you watch the dealer tech install/adjust the WDH, and gather all the WDH documentation for future reference. The dealer tech (if he adjusts it correctly) will be setting up the WDH based on "unloaded" TV/TT weights..., the WDH will have to be adjusted one more time at a later date under TV/TT "loaded" conditions.

Bob
Thanks for the info. and clarification. After visiting the Reese site and studying their product offerings, I contacted our dealer and asked him to get and install a Reese Strait-Line hitch(dealer advised the 800 lb model would work based on the White Hawk's weight numbers and our TV).A little pricey, especially the installation charge, but since I know little/nothing about this type of hitch.........money well spent to me. I'll make sure to get all documentation that comes with the hitch when we do the PDI/Orientation.

thomasmnile is offline   Reply With Quote