Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-03-2024, 08:57 PM   #1

ProPride Hitch

So Propride is doing 500 bucks off on their hitches right now (code HOLIDAYNOG23 at checkout if someone is also looking) and I bit the bullet and ordered one.

I have a 330RSTS and a 2020 3500 Diesel GMC. I currently am utilizing a curt WDH and have never really been happy with the hitch itself... hence the purchase.

For those that have the propride hitch... please tell me it was money well spent and this sail behind me will be tamed a bit. What should I expect for install? Gonna start the youtube research now.

TIA.
waynehead99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 10:56 AM   #2

IMO with your tow vehicle the ProPride is unnecessary overkill. I think you would be really happy with something like a B&W Continium. You don’t need a WD hitch for weight distribution so much as you do for sway. Curt WD hitches just aren’t good IMO so there are a lot of options in terms of an upgrade.
Jerry713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 04:14 PM   #3

You'll be very happy with it. I have plenty of truck for my trailer and I wouldn't use anything but my Hensley or a ProPride. The main difference between the two is the adjustable stinger on the ProPride. Once you get used to hooking up it takes less time than a conventional hitch. Back up camera is a huge plus but my other TV is a 2011 Ram 2500 Cummins (personal truck, the '22 in my sig is a company truck) and its not a huge chore to hit the hitch right. You won't find anyone that owns either hitch that doesn't like it. They work, period.

I've had mine on 3 different campers and used 4 different trucks, takes me about an hour and/or 2 beers to swap everything from one camper to the other. Just measure twice for where the brackets go and it shouldn't take you much longer the first time.
bill777x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 05:21 PM   #4
Site Team

There are some great videos on self install. I think some are posted on the PPP website.

I don't own one but have several friends who swear by the ProPride and the Hensley technology.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 03:33 PM   #5

Just coming back to this post. Installed the hitch over the weekend and I have to say... wow.

For the first time, the truck and trailer just felt solid, lane changes even felt "different". And something I've never been able to do... one hand on the steering wheel at 65 MPH! So much more relaxing.

I have a trip in a couple months from Denver to Phoenix and a ton of anxiety has been lifted off my shoulders.

Money well spent imo.
waynehead99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 06:10 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynehead99 View Post
Just coming back to this post. Installed the hitch over the weekend and I have to say... wow.

For the first time, the truck and trailer just felt solid, lane changes even felt "different". And something I've never been able to do... one hand on the steering wheel at 65 MPH! So much more relaxing.

I have a trip in a couple months from Denver to Phoenix and a ton of anxiety has been lifted off my shoulders.

Money well spent imo.
I bought a used Hensley Arrow back around 2011. Towed a 31' 7200 lb TT with a 2010 F150 145" wb. As you mentioned it was great. And the one hand on the wheel is spot on. Passing semi's in the left lane and almost aero push pull feeling. The only downside was the occasional bump when braking.
Not the same as a Pro Pride but the towing experience is just as good.
Those that have never used one will never understand.
Good choice.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote