Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-28-2024, 09:59 PM   #1

2021 Jayco 32BHDS Gray tank 1 not draining

I just bought this camper not even a week ago, been using it as I live in it. I have my gray tank drain valve open, however my Gray Tank 1 is reading full, and is overflowing into my shower/tub.

I only see 2 valves. Gray, and Black drains. I have them both open currently. Still no draining on Gray 1.

The dealer did a good job cleaning it out and showing me everything about it, this issue did not seem to come up during the inspection process.

Everyone keeps telling me there should be a third drain valve, but I cannot find one. I had other people look to.

Another camper suggested that maybe the system is cloged, so I took a plunger to it and all it did was push water into the sinks as I plunged it. The water did drain out of the sinks but still no complete drain into the sewer line.

Anyone have any ideas, maybe im missing something?
scorpnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 12:03 AM   #2

Don’t blindly trust the stickers or the number of valve rods.

I have a 2020 32KBS that i continued to have troubles with, as anytime I opened the street drain i was drenched with black water liquid until i got a sewer line hooked up…. After fighting with it (including six months at the dealer that did NOTHING but charged Jayco for two valves) i decided to investigate myself…

Two stickers and rods on side of trailer, grey and black… I decided to cut the bottom open to see if i could find a problem, and lo and behold I found the black water vale OPEN but without ANY valve rod (was never installed at the factory)… bought a valve rod locally, installed, closed the bottom back up, and now my two tank system is three…. The original stickers and valve rods actuate two grey tanks, one for kitchen sink and one for everything else…. GOOD LUCK
ptblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 07:31 AM   #3

Specs say there are 2 tanks. Call dealer and ask them also.
Old 02-29-2024, 02:10 PM   #4

I realize what the specs say, mine said a single grey and single black… my dealer informed me when I was fighting with him that some 32KBS models had 2 grey tanks.

Like I said, investigate for yourself… easier than you think
Old 02-29-2024, 07:45 PM   #5

Got it solved. The third valve was hiding! I had many people at my campground search for that third valve and took us 3 days to find it!!! LOL!!!
scorpnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 08:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpnet View Post
Got it solved. The third valve was hiding! I had many people at my campground search for that third valve and took us 3 days to find it!!! LOL!!!

In what general area did you find it? The answer may help someone else in the future..
Old 02-29-2024, 09:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpnet View Post
That is AWESOME… took you three days, took me two years… lol

I’m a real neophyte when it comes to Rv’s
Old 03-06-2024, 01:33 PM   #8

Yea. I have a 2018 BHDS and the "main" grey water valve is in front of the wheels and the black tank valve is just behind the wheels. The second grey valve for the outdoor kitchen is way in back. The main grey valve is hard to find, especially if the slide-outs are out. Have to crawl under the main slide out to open/close it.
dmcrowe1 is offline   Reply With Quote