Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-20-2018, 06:32 AM   #1

Electronic ignition for hot water heater

I have a 2003 Jayco eagle that I can not figure out why the electronic ignition will not work everytime. There is a switch on the wall near the kitchen sink that turns the gas option on. Well, it worked fine one time, but after it shut off it would not start back. I checked connections and fuses and breakers. As I was doing that it would start sometimes when checking the wires and connections on the outside of the water heater. But then it stopped. I pulled the breaker box out to check wires and it started again and stopped. I then moved wires around and it started again. But now it will not start anymore. The switch at sink has two switches one for the heater and one for the fresh water pump and has leds for the battery and tanks telling there status. It seems there is no power to the switches at times. I'm at a loss I have no idea were to go from here. A friend of mine came over with a voltage tester and we went through everything and it checked out fine. If anyone has any ideas they would like to share it would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Ncguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 05:58 AM   #2

Turns out it was one of the 15 amp fuses. The circuit board is messed up and the fuse has to be in just the right angle to work.
Ncguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 03:40 PM   #3

I got blown off my walker that serves as a rolling chair on my new 2018 Northpoint. While on our first voyage the water heater and fridge failed. Well, the fridge reset after disconnecting the 12v, and 110 for 20 minutes and turning it back on. Don't know why but it works sometimes. We found that the high voltage ignighter can get shorted if the exhaust vent compromises the igniter. Then when you move the exhaust metal away from the ighnighter lead, an explosion occurs and everything works. The reason is that according to the dealer propane collects in the area. When released the high voltage works as it is supposed.
Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote