Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-05-2013, 07:02 PM   #11

Thank you very much for the replies...It's getting a little dark here now, but I'll start on looking at this tomorrow and chime back in. Now that I understand the slide control boxes are under there too.

richiejenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:50 PM   #12

I did just go outside and lifted the mattress and see the bed box is on a hinge. I lifted the hinge and see that the Lippert must be entombed within a fabricated box that has a bunch of screws in it. Since my unit is still under warranty I won't pull those screws out and risk them telling me they won't fix it. I think you're spot on that this is the issue and will advise the dealer of this when I bring it in. I went to their website using the link you sent and watched the troubleshooting video and I assume the controllers they demonstrated are under there. If only I had x-ray vision I appreciate your advice here. Since the closest jayco place (that I trust and have had good experience with) is 3 hours away I have to make a day of it and I have that day scheduled for early next month. I will definitely write back to close the case on this since now I know that we are not unique in having this issue.

Old 09-02-2013, 12:30 PM   #13

So I had some time today and decided to open the underside of the mattress. In there, I clearly saw the 3 controllers. Each had it's own fuse(s) and a molded plug. All 3 devices looked to be exactly the same. I was able to quickly identify which was the one for the rear slide out which as I mentioned is working fine. I moved the molded connectors for the other two to the known working controller (that the rear was in) and still the fronts do not work. I moved the rear molded connector to each of the other two controller boards and each instance the rear slide out worked. I inspected all of the visible butt connectors in that area, underneath the RV, and under the couch and dinette slideouts where the motors are and they all seem tight. Unfortunately I can't get to the motors for the slide outs to test voltage as they are in tight space and would require I pull up the couch and the seats to be able to remove the floor panel to get to them. One observation of note here is that while the rear slideout motor has ONLY 1 Red and 1 Black wire, both of the front slide out motors have 2 Red and 2 Black wires capped. I know that 1 set goes back to the controllers, not sure what the source or destination of the other set is for. I have an appt. with RV repair shop for next week and will write back.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:12 PM   #14

So I'm back from the dealer. Turns out there is a 30A "shared" fuse with the "tank heater" that was blown. I, in all of my infinite wisdom (and I mean that as a laughing point) did not bother checking THAT fuse because it was labeled "tank heater", and I confused it with my "water heater" which was working just fine because I had hot water. Apparently this model is equipped with a heater for the septic tank. So the only way I would know that wasn't working was to either bring it to the north pole, and pee in it and see it didn't freeze, OR CHECK THE FUSE. Boy did I feel dumb when it was pointed out to me. The repair technician said, "there was a fuse blown and that is was the one labeled tank heater/slide out". I said, "but the water heater is working just fine". He said, " yep, but the tank heater probably wasn't". Then I had the moment of clarity that there was a switch in the bathroom by the toilet labeled "tank heater". The sad thing, is that I knew the unit had this, never used it, and never put two-and-two together. I thank all of you for your help and for those who stated, check the fuse. Thanks and duuuhh!