Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-07-2021, 12:02 PM   #1

TPO Roof Maintenance?

I have a TPO roof membrane on my TT, and want to just clean and go over the existing lap sealant to refresh it. It is not bad enough to where it needs to be removed. I want to refresh it with lap sealant, and not use Eternabond tape. Is there a special lap sealant for this, or just the regular Dicor Self Leveling Sealant? Also, would I need to use a primer on the old sealant?
Old 08-07-2021, 12:59 PM   #2

I have a 2017 Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS and as they say, "If it ain't broke Don't fix it" I use Dawn dish soap on the roof. It cleans it fine. It was an off white new from the dealer. So, it always looks "dirty" as far as the lap joints go. They look fine to me. Just check for cracks. screw heads etc, I would use the self leveling Dicor where needed. My main concern is always the front lip, Roof ladder (which I do not use as I purchased a Wolfwise ladder). and no primer is needed other than being clean and sap free.
Grafton Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 03:02 PM   #3

Spic & Span is also recommended in the videos. It’s what I use with a #2 medium stiff brush. I use Dawn for everything else, awning, tent ends, fiberglass shell.
ultrarider is offline   Reply With Quote