Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-14-2021, 06:52 AM   #1

Floor Level Question - Entegra Odyssey 31L

I have a 2019 Entegra Odyssey 31L. It has a long cantilevered rear end on the coach where the bedroom is located like many Class Cs of this length.
The bedroom closet located at the foot of the bed (as well as the side bunks located in the hallway) are on a slide. When the slide is extended the back corner of the bedroom next to the extended slide is significantly out of level. The floor next to the bunks is perfectly level. I assume this condition is due to the torque caused by the weight of the slide on the rear portion of the cantilever. Or do I have a sagging floor there? Anyone else experiencing this situation?
Maddhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 11:49 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddhatter View Post
I have a 2019 Entegra Odyssey 31L. It has a long cantilevered rear end on the coach where the bedroom is located like many Class Cs of this length.
The bedroom closet located at the foot of the bed (as well as the side bunks located in the hallway) are on a slide. When the slide is extended the back corner of the bedroom next to the extended slide is significantly out of level. The floor next to the bunks is perfectly level. I assume this condition is due to the torque caused by the weight of the slide on the rear portion of the cantilever. Or do I have a sagging floor there? Anyone else experiencing this situation?
Does the floor have any soft spots where it is out of level? The slide-out seals could be leaking and causing damage to the flooring.
Old 05-17-2021, 01:00 PM   #3

The floor isn't soft, just out of level. The slide operates fine, seats appropriately when closed and the seals look fine.
Old 05-17-2021, 01:36 PM   #4

It sounds like the frame rail on that side of your MH is deflecting. There may be a broken weld or the frame rail wasn't engineered to support the weight of the slide. Is there any movement of any of the exterior body panels?
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 01:45 PM   #5

I have the same floor plan as yours mine is a 2013 Greyhawk with bunk beds. I never noticed the floor being unlevel. I might have to check this week. How much is it out? can you roll a can of beer down the hall? I usually just put my level in the middle of the coach and then use my levelers to level the entire coach.
Marshmellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 07:02 AM   #6

There is no obvious misalignment of any interior or exterior wall panels. I inspected the frame and it appears to be intact but a good portion of it is hidden by tanks, etc.
Old 05-18-2021, 07:06 AM   #7

The coach is level down the hall all the way to the face of the bed. When you start checking the floor at the foot of the bed it starts to get out of level at that corner and gets progressively worse as you move toward the outermost corner of the room, the "southwest corner" if north is the E450.