Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-06-2023, 01:50 PM   #1

Ford Wiring Harness Kit 9C24-14A351-AC

Good afternoon, Fellow Jayco Class C-ers.

As noted elsewhere in another post, my wife and I are new owners of a 2015 Jayco Greyhawk 31DS. In the bundle of owners manuals given to us by the previous owner, I encountered a sealed plastic bag containing several wiring harnesses with a sticker on the outside labeled FORD 9C24-14A351-AC G2816. I attempted to upload a photo but it does not appear I was successful.

With a bit of Google research, I find some references to a "Trailer Package Wiring Harness Assy" and similar descriptions. But I find nothing on the Ford.com or Jayco.com websites.

Can anyone help me understand the purpose of the harnesses and why I might need them in the future? Thanks for considering my question.
jtravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 05:01 PM   #2

Might be for the brake controller.
jyh818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 05:32 PM   #3

If this is a harness with a 12-pin connector, what it does is enable Ford's trailer assist on a tow vehicle using sensors mounted to the trailer as well as marker stickers and the tow vehicle's cameras. This package allows you to know the yaw angle between the truck and trailer as well as use the Pro Backup Assist on the truck.

I have a truck with that equipment package, but I bought it used and am missing the 12-pin cable.
Old 07-06-2023, 09:31 PM   #4

Trying to add photo as PDF

Thanks for the replies. This is actually a bag containing multiple harnesses. I'm trying again to upload a photo as a PDF.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 20230706_154034.PDF (3.92 MB, 17 views)
Old 07-06-2023, 10:05 PM   #5

I can give you a high level understanding of what the kit is for, but not specific details (because I don't know the specifics).

When Ford produces a cutaway chassis, they provide with the unfinished vehicle one or more connector kits like this. The purpose of these kits is to provide connections into the wiring harnesses, fuse panel, light switches, etc., for multiple things that may be needed when building out the cutaway chassis. To know the details of each connecter requires an "upfitters" set of manuals and documents that the final manufacture will have and use to tap into the different areas of the wiring harness specific to what is being built.

In other words, these are not needed by Jayco although they use similar Ford connectors wherever they are needed, just that these (or the entire kit) wasn't needed and simply left in the RV. From my understanding, there isn't any connectors in there that an RV'r would ever need, such as for example the kit commonly doesn't have a brake controller connector, or the trailer plug connectors, (although connections that do tap into the tail lights, just not the trailer connector). ~CA
Old 07-06-2023, 10:17 PM   #6

Here is a high level overview of an upfitters guide, but not the one that has the detail of the connectors, an interesting read though to give you an idea of what all goes into upfitting. ~CA

https://madocumentupload.marketingas...e5c94&v5=False
Old 07-08-2023, 03:18 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigav View Post
Here is a high level overview of an upfitters guide, but not the one that has the detail of the connectors, an interesting read though to give you an idea of what all goes into upfitting. ~CA

https://madocumentupload.marketingas...e5c94&v5=False
Thanks! Your explanations are very helpful.