Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #11

BTW--do you know where the water filter goes in the 31DS. My filter was in the kitchen draw and I cannot figure out where to connect it.

Pocono1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:04 PM   #12

Kettrell

I sent an email to Jayco asking where mine were located. Our slides on the 2012 Greyhawk 31DS are infact wall mounted. They sent me the manufactures book, I was surprised that it was not the manufacture listed in the Jayco's owners manual. I have not had a chance to email them back asking why what was sent is different then listed in the Manual. If you send me a PM with your email I can send you the pdf files Jayco sent me. They are two large to attach here.

Troy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:32 PM   #13

As far as the water filter goes, from what I found out, have not looked yet, it is in the big pass through compartment behind the section where all the water/winterizeing input and controls are. You have to remove 6 screws from the back panel and the panel comes out. I have not looked yet, every time i think about it, I look at all the stuff I have to pull out from the compartment to get to it. I just use a two filter rig (sediment and activated charcol), attached it to the inside wall in the storage area, drilled two 3/4 inch holes through the thin metal/plywood spacer between the water compartment and storage compartment, run my hoses that way and filter all the water coming in. I will take pictures when I go check on the RV on Monday and post.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:42 AM   #14

Well folks I crawled under the MH yesterday but was unsuccessful at locating the slide motors. I did find out why my fresh water indicators continually gave inaccurate readings. A wire to a sensor had been pinched into. I was able to fix that so the excursion wasn't a total loss.

I wake up to find Troy's post;

"Kettrell

I sent an email to Jayco asking where mine were located. Our slides on the 2012 Greyhawk 31DS are infact wall mounted. They sent me the manufactures book, I was surprised that it was not the manufacture listed in the Jayco's owners manual. I have not had a chance to email them back asking why what was sent is different then listed in the Manual. If you send me a PM with your email I can send you the pdf files Jayco sent me. They are two large to attach here."

Troy, I will PM you with my email address. Thank you in advance!

Just one more note on this subject: We will purchase an additional controller in order to have a spare just in case. In the meantime, I have discovered that these 2 controllers are interchangable so if one malfunctions you can disconnect the other one and connect it to the other wire harness in order to operate the slides.

Happy Camping Everybody!
Old 02-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #15

Since the information in the owners manual was different then what Jayco sent me I asked why it was different and this was the reply.

The 31DS Grey Hawk motor home is the only Grey Hawk that has the Schwintek slide system. All the other Grey Hawk models have the Power Gear slide system.

Thank you,

Vinh Le
Jayco, Inc.
Motorized Warranty
Phone: 800-283-8267
Fax: 866-709-9139
Email: service@jayco.com

So I guess we are special.

Troy
Old 02-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #16

Thank you Troy for the followup but I gotta say it. It blows my mind that Jayco knowingly sends out a coach with a particular product and send the owners manual with different instructions. I could rationalize it better if they had recently made a change in the product and someone didn't get the memo to change the owners manual information!

Thank you again!