Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-21-2021, 12:59 PM   #1

Question Infotainment Center not working

Our 2018 Class C Greyhawk 29 mvp infotainment center with GPS isn’t working. I know a lot of people have upgraded theirs but my hubby & I aren’t mechanical at all. I don’t see anyway to reset it. I have taken it off the charger and turned it off & on. Sometimes that will make it come on and other times it just stays black. I can’t even find a replacement online. I don’t want to buy a gps and lose the camera & radio functions. Any suggestions? TIA
shewren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 01:28 PM   #2

I'm pretty sure they put a new model in the 2018's, so maybe someone will come along with an easier reset solution - but one way to reset it for sure, would be to disconnect BOTH chassis and house batteries for a minute.

There was one time our Jensen was messed up and pressing the reset button didn't help. Disconnecting one (either) battery didn't help. Only by disconnecting both the Ford and the house battery was I able to get it to completely reset.
Old 05-21-2021, 02:42 PM   #3

Follow up

Wouldn’t taking it out of the dash charger do the same thing? I’m not comfortable taking off the battery cables (I know I’m a weeny &#128522
shewren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 03:53 PM   #4
CAG

Go to Crutchfield.com and look up Kenwood DMX9707S, or call them and ask about that unit. There may be a slightly newer unit out but they do much the same thing. talk with the advisor at Crutchfield. They are extremely knowledgeable.

This unit will give you hookups for the cameras, Apple and Android car play which mirrors your phone GPS, FM, Sat etc. It is much easier to program and operate.

Before you buy check Yelp or a similar local help and find a reputable installer. The may charge you $100 to 200 for the install but it will be done in a about an hour. Ask them what they will charge.

The POS that you currently have is difficult to program, fails often and has a Jayco mess of wires from the unprofessional Jayco factory install.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 08:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shewren View Post
Wouldn’t taking it out of the dash charger do the same thing? I’m not comfortable taking off the battery cables (I know I’m a weeny &#128522

Not sure what you mean by dash charger - but yes, you want to kill all power to the head unit. Again - that's what it took to completely reset my Jensen.

My Jensen had two power connections - hence the need to disconnect both batteries.

You're not a weeny.
But pulling the black wires off both batteries strikes me as a helluva lot easier.

Tags
gps, greyhawk 29mvp, infotainment center