Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-06-2020, 07:44 AM   #1

Jayco Greyhawk vs. Entegra Esteem

My wife and I have decided to upgrade our travel trailer to a Class C, and we have narrowed it down to the Jayco Greyhawk 30X or 30XP, or Entegra Esteem 30X (mostly dependent on what type of deal we can find).

Other than the differences on the spec sheets, is there any reason to go with one brand vs the other?
rob27ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 07:55 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob27ma View Post
Other than the differences on the spec sheets, is there any reason to go with one brand vs the other?
They both come out of the same facility, just like GM builds Cadillac and Chevy or Silverados and Sierras in the same plants. You're probably getting some interior upgrades with the ENTEGRA.
Old 07-06-2020, 08:07 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
They both come out of the same facility, just like GM builds Cadillac and Chevy or Silverados and Sierras in the same plants. You're probably getting some interior upgrades with the ENTEGRA.
That is what I thought as well, but I've heard conflicting reports from dealers. One told me that the Entegra's attention to detail was better since they were being build by a company known for higher-end coaches, but it seemed like they were trying to oversell the brand.
rob27ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 08:56 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob27ma View Post
That is what I thought as well, but I've heard conflicting reports from dealers. One told me that the Entegra's attention to detail was better since they were being build by a company known for higher-end coaches, but it seemed like they were trying to oversell the brand.
Don't believe that.

The biggest difference is the dealers that sell them. One dealer will sell the Jayco and the dealer next door will sell the Entegra without competing with the same "brand".

We we bought the Accolade a major difference between the 2 was the structural warranty. Although both the Seneca and Accolade had a 2 year b to b warranty the Accolade's structural warranty was one or two years longer that the Seneca. If I remember correctly the Seneca was 2 + 1 vs the Accolade which is 2 + 3.

Also colors and paint patterns/graphics are different.

When you call for customer support the support will come from Jayco motorized and not from the same folks that handle the Entegra pushers.

Check the warranties and if they are the same go with the dealer having the best reputation for after sales service and let that decide the question of Jayco or Entegra.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 06:39 AM   #5

Go with the best price or what interior the wife likes the most. Same builder. For us the interior of the Entegra worked for the wife. No real difference in price. We ordered through rv one even though we are in Houston. Picked up unit in Des Moines Iowa. Saved around 8k from next lowest price. Local dealer was a rip off. Good luck

Enjoy the journey
Trapper2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 10:08 AM   #6

Thumbs down Not worth the xtra money

We bought an Entegra Esteem instead of Jayco. We knew they were both made by the same company but thought the Entegra was higher end. We have been disappointed by the workmanship in the Entegra. We have 15,000 mikes on it. A year ago the refrigerator stopped working ( they fixed it under warranty. This trip the battery would not hold a charge even after running the generator. The leveling system would not work near Cody Wy. But we luckily found a mechanic to fix it who said the way it was wired was stupid.The medicine cabinet is coming off the wall..1 1/2 screws into particle board. The cheap particle board under the sink is off. The kitchen sink is becoming unattached and falling down. It was put in with just glue around the top. Reply the only thing that is maybe better about the Entegra is some minor cosmetic things. Don’t waste your money on it
KarenR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 10:46 AM   #7

Have to wonder if it is just like cars being built years ago, hope you didn’t pick one that was built on a Monday or Friday. We’ve had our Entegra Odyssey for 3 years and we’ve had few, minor issues that were quickly resolved under warranty.
Old 07-09-2021, 12:14 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post

+1

Buick, Olds
Pontiac, Chevy

Go for the one that Floats Your Boat and don't look back.
The odds of having a problem are the same.
Old 07-14-2021, 08:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenR View Post
We bought an Entegra Esteem instead of Jayco. We knew they were both made by the same company but thought the Entegra was higher end. We have been disappointed by the workmanship in the Entegra. We have 15,000 mikes on it. A year ago the refrigerator stopped working ( they fixed it under warranty. This trip the battery would not hold a charge even after running the generator. The leveling system would not work near Cody Wy. But we luckily found a mechanic to fix it who said the way it was wired was stupid.The medicine cabinet is coming off the wall..1 1/2 screws into particle board. The cheap particle board under the sink is off. The kitchen sink is becoming unattached and falling down. It was put in with just glue around the top. Reply the only thing that is maybe better about the Entegra is some minor cosmetic things. Don’t waste your money on it
Better yet don't waste your money on a Jayco. The quality issues you have experienced are common. I have a 2018 29 MV with 21k on it. The litany of problems, some major and potentially life threatening are too numerous to mention. Yes, yes, i have heard all the excuses, they build them fast on a piece work basis, every manufacturer has the same problems, I actually had a Jayco manager tell me, well they're not automobiles you know, we can't be held to that standard. (why not?) There are coaches that place emphasis on quality, but for the most part it's a roll of the dice. Sorry for your troubles I am there with you. I have fixed most of the problems my self but it's a darn shame Jayco doesn't care about building a quality product, they have well designed products but the problem is execution. Good luck with you coach.
rodpod is offline   Reply With Quote