Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-05-2014, 03:44 PM   #1

Smile New 2015 Seneca Here

Hi Ya'll,

The wife and I decided to trade in our 17 year old DP motorhome and downsize to a new super C that should last us through retirement. So we ordered a new Seneca in late spring. We have been RVing for a long time and we always travel with our pets (cats and dogs). Our Son have his own motorhome now so the last few years we have been traveling on at least one long trip together.

We finally got our 2015 Seneca 37HJ after a four month wait and we are very pleased. We just got back from the shake down cruse which took us from central Alabama to south Florida for a week and are happy to have such a short list of fixes. On the Jayco side: 1 cabinet door needs adjusting and a rattle in the microwave needs attention. On the Frieghtliner side there is a very loud wind noise at highway speeds. That's it.

The tankless water heater even worked well (after a few tries).

Henry
hsteveberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 06:46 PM   #2

hsteveberry, sounds like you're rockin' & rollin'
Welcome to the JOF & CONGRATULATIONS on your new rig. These forums are full of great, helpful and knowledgeable RVers. Questions...ask away, but with your experiences you can be helping newbies with some of their questions.
Keep in touch.
'13 Wrangler Sahara...AKAFUN
Roadmaster base plate
Ready Brute Elite towbar and brake combo
D&MAKAFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 06:56 PM   #3

Congrads on the HJ! I looked at those and tried to talk my in laws into one when they down sized as well...Welcome to the Forums.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:36 PM   #4

Welcome hsteveberr to the fourm
firedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 09:23 AM   #5

Congrats on the new Seneca. I have a 2015 TS and have a microwave rattle as well. At present our cure is to put a wooden brace from the top of the cooktop area to the bottom of the microwave. The entire microwave moves up and down on the bracket that is attached to the wall behind the micro and holds the weight of the micro. Terrible noise. Please let me know what the dealer's fix might be. B
The wood brace works but is not a long term fix I want.

Foster15
Foster15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 09:26 AM   #6

I forgot to mention we have wind noise on TS as well. Again, if you find a fix I would appreciate your input.

Foster15
Foster15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 09:16 AM   #7

I posted a similar wind noise on another forum but maybe yours is the same. We just got our 37TS 2 weeks ago and had a LOUD whistle noise at 45 and above. This wasn't the generic wind noise from going over 45mph but a very annoying whistle. I put my finger on top of the mirror mount while driving and found a hole that is used to access the top of the mirror mount. As soon as I covered it the whistle went away, as a quick fix I just put electrical tape on both driver and passenger sides and driving is way BETTER!! I can take a picture of where I put the tape if I don't make sense. I am also looking for a screw cap or similar to plug the hole.
We have the same microwave rattle and I removed ours and tightened it all down and it is better for now. However it is mounted poorly and against the manufacturers install instructions. I don't trust the guys at the dealer to fix much since they usually have an excuse or break/damage something else, so I suspect I will come up with my own fix and post it later.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:41 PM   #8

I need your help, I too have a 2015 37TS and I have the wind noise. It is not clear where you are saying where the hole is.The only almost hole are the countersunk in the mounting brackets, they are recessed holes that are filled with screws /bolts. Are these the holes you are referencing.
Thanks
johnd
jdshep1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 07:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdshep1 View Post
I need your help, I too have a 2015 37TS and I have the wind noise. It is not clear where you are saying where the hole is.The only almost hole are the countersunk in the mounting brackets, they are recessed holes that are filled with screws /bolts. Are these the holes you are referencing.
Thanks
johnd
The hole I covered on mine was the underside of the plastic cover on the top connection point of the mirror arm against the door. Hopefully that makes sense. If not, I can try to take a picture in the AM.
2014 Honda CR-V toad

anav8or is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jayco, seneca, super c