Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-16-2019, 04:48 PM   #21

Anybody done the "Amish Fridge" conversion on their Greyhawk? If so do you feel safer for it also besides the better performance?
RetiredLEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 06:42 PM   #22

Warranty

Someone made the comment about 2 year warranty. It’s not worth the paper written on. Took ours in for a leaking exit window which we had pictures of where it was leaking and the laying water. Because they couldn’t get the window to leak they did nothing. Total waste of my time since we took it back to Indiana 2 hrs away. Left it for a week.
I will never buy another Jayco for these reasons. Quality is not there. Pride is not there. Safety is not there. Honesty for sure is not there.
I love my MH now only because we gutted it and put in new recliners and a more comfortable booth. My husband fixes anything not working . We’ve owned enough campers to know more about what we are doing than they do at the factory.
I understand they can’t get people to work but someone is there that should take pride in their product.
As for the warranty it is worthless. Find someone you trust to fix your problem. You’ll be much happier.
MoToYel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 11:49 PM   #23

Dixie RV should be run out town & business, they only sell RV’s not work on them. Sorry, Sorry service dept. in Defuniak Springs, Fl. Ask anybody in this area you will get the same answer. JAYCO should be ashamed to let them sell there motorhomes.......
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 11:44 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Ranger View Post
Dixie RV should be run out town & business, they only sell RV’s not work on them. Sorry, Sorry service dept. in Defuniak Springs, Fl. Ask anybody in this area you will get the same answer. JAYCO should be ashamed to let them sell there motorhomes.......
Hey, I see you are in Pensacola, too. Honestly, we bought the Jayco from them rather than something from Carpenters campers because of the warranty and supposed better quality. After dealing with Dixie RV and their service department, my wife and I agreed that we should have just purchased from Carpenters campers.

I've dealt with them before buying parts for my TT that I had and their service department was really helpful. But they won't do any warranty work if the unit wasn't purchased through them.

The RV repair place on 29 just down from Carpenters is good. They have some good people there. When the Jayco warranty is up, that's where I will be going if I can't repair something myself.