Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2021, 03:32 PM   #1

Power Problem with Lippert Leveling Jacks on 2020 Redhawk SE 27N

Before we left home two days ago, the “Retract” button on the Lippert control panel wouldn’t work, but I found a workaround by scrolling through its menu and finding a “Lift all Jacks” type of function.

When we got to camp and tried to Auto-level, we got a “Low voltage” error message or two despite one of the “scroll” functions reporting that there were 13.9 volts (which didn’t surprise me because the new house batteries were full, the engine was on, and we were connected to shore power). After a minute or two of messing around with it, the control panel powered off and would not come back on.

Yesterday and today, we were able to turn on the control panel. Even more surprising, the display read “READY Jacks: Up.” When we hit the “Auto Level” button, it displayed “AUTO LEVEL Grounding Jacks” and, then, “Remain Still Please Wait…” - the normal messages - but then slowly powered off and would not power back on.

I’ll post some pics and video after I get them on my MacBook and am able to reduce the file sizes to something uploadable.
curtsnyder1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 05:33 PM   #2

Did u try a reset on the system

Can't remember what two buttons you hold but it's worked for me once when I had a similar error/voltage message
Stavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 04:13 PM   #3

Thanks for the suggestion. I believe pressing the Retract and Enter buttons at the same time is supposed to reset the system. In any event, it didn't work for us.
Old 06-03-2021, 06:41 PM   #4

Are you on gen or shore power? If not, try it with one of those providing power.

Then find the hydraulic motor under the chassis, usually about the middle of the unit. Look for the hydraulic lines that go to all 4 corners and a bucket holding hydraulic fluid. Check and see if the grounding wire is secure on the hydraulic motor.
Old 06-05-2021, 06:50 PM   #5

As it turns out, mini4mw was correct: the problem was a loose ground to the hydraulic motor; at least, that's what I was told by the repair shop.

Before we left the shop, I decided to test it and, while we no longer had a power problem, I was getting a "low voltage" error.

So, back in the shop again and, about an hour later, I was told that the "low voltage" error was caused by having the control panel powered on before starting the engine. Sounded odd to me, but, so far, having it off before I start the engine seems to have kept the error from recurring.
Old 06-05-2021, 07:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtsnyder1991 View Post
As it turns out, mini4mw was correct: the problem was a loose ground to the hydraulic motor; at least, that's what I was told by the repair shop.

Before we left the shop, I decided to test it and, while we no longer had a power problem, I was getting a "low voltage" error.

So, back in the shop again and, about an hour later, I was told that the "low voltage" error was caused by having the control panel powered on before starting the engine. Sounded odd to me, but, so far, having it off before I start the engine seems to have kept the error from recurring.

That ground cable breaking on level motor very common. I returned from a trip finding the ground cable hanging down. The cable usually walks out of the mounted cable eyelid.
Antper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 09:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtsnyder1991 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antper View Post
That ground cable breaking on level motor very common. I returned from a trip finding the ground cable hanging down. The cable usually walks out of the mounted cable eyelid.

Yes! I think with any leveling issue, looking for a loose ground should be first on the list. It was a bit of a challenge to find on mine, but once I cleaned it up and tightened everything my jacks started working again too!